Chapter 26: Mikaelson Ball

This chapter went very differently from how I initially intended it to go.

Also I'm not expert on dating or love advise. Nor do I have anyone to give said advise.

Very introverted to say the least.

~~~~~~~

"So brother, you inviting your girlfriend to the ball?" Kol asked.

"Of course. Including some of my other friends," Henrik says signing some invitations. Esther had asked for her children to invite some guest to the ball, mostly partners. Though the young witch had other plans and intended to invite his closest coven members without letting anything slide around his mother.

"Buddies within your coven?" Kol sat himself down on a nearby chair.

The witch brother smirked and tapped his finger against his lips before sealing the finished invites with a wax seal.

~~~~~~

The morning before the ball, the Mikaelson's were getting fitted for the ball the main living space. Kol and Finn were being fitted in new tuxes while Elijah was polishing his shoes. As for Henrik and Rebekah, they were sitting on the couches either reading or getting their nails done, before Klaus busted in angry.

"You went after Elena? What is wrong with you?" Klaus questioned his sister.

"Here we go." Rebekah says adjusting herself on the couch.

"Do you want another dagger in your heart?" Klaus threatened.

"Nik, stop it already. If you want us to be a family, stop threatening everyone with a damn dagger. It's not helping you," Henrik tells him without looking up from his book. Though with a snarky comment from Kol, it only started a feud between him and Klaus before Esther came and stopped them.

"Niklaus, come," The original witch called and led the Hybrid into another room with the youngest son eyeing his mother since she announced herself.

Henrik hasn't gotten on well with her since she came back. Mostly since then, he has been avoiding pretty much any interaction beside mandatory family talks courtesy of Elijah's desire to have his family whole.

He didn't trust her. She was too at ease with letting Klaus off and urged her children together. Something was up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The time for the ball to start had come, cars had gathered around the entrance of the mansion and some were parked on the grass. Henrik and his older siblings had begun greeting their guests.

"Henrik, what's up man." A voice called out to him as an arm wrapped around his shoulders.

"Iggy, great to see you again," Henrik smiles but doesn't removes his friend's arm from his neck. "Where are the others?"

"Where else- The bar." Iggy says.

"Rude, Iggies. Now move, he's mine now," Marisol comes over to them. The dress she wore was a wine red with thin straps over her shoulders.

Iggy chuckles before sliding his arms off his best friend. "He wasn't always yours, Mar."

"Okay. That's enough for now, stop it. Where's Tobias?" Henrik stops the two.

"Over there," Iggy points at the front door. A man around Elijah's age entered, he had long wavy brown hair that stopped at his shoulders. "Where's your reanimated mother?"