Chapter 10: Klaus

"I take it that bringing me breakfast is supposed to be a form of an apology for assaulting/kidnapping me the other night, Nik?" Henrik says looking at his teacher possessed brother from the takeout bag from Mcdonald's that was sitting on the counter.

"Well, I wouldn't be a good brother if I left you here to starve, would I?" Klaus says before walking over to the door with his witch, Maddox.

"I'll be back as so as I can," Maddox tells Klaus as he opens the door to leave.

"Yes, do hurry. I'm anxious to get out of this body. And if you get hung up, call me. You know how impatient I get." Klaus warns him and closes the door when Maddox leaves.

Henrik presses his lip into a line as he turns towards the vampire doppelganger, who was making coffee. Two of the many things he didn't enjoy being around: unfamiliar vampires and doppelgangers. And waking up in a history teacher's apartment with one of both worlds doesn't go well for Henrik.

"Where is he going?" Katherine asked Klaus, holding out a cup of coffee for him.

"To retrieve me. So I can get out of this bad hair-do." He answers as he takes the cup before turning towards his brother. "And Henrik, you better eat before it gets cold."

"As much as I enjoy being held captive in vampire hunter's home with a compelled vampiric doppelganger, wouldn't you think it's rather a fool's errand to gather your body after exposing yourself to the Salvatores?" Henrik asked with his voice laced with sarcasm.

"Well, the full moon is almost upon us. I've killed the witch, I've got the moonstone," Klaus placing the stone, he took from Henrik on the counter. "and the doppelganger is waiting on the wings. Oh, I'm so ready to break this curse."

"And why would you do that here? There's so many people that would try to stop you." Katherine asked while Henrik opened the McDonald's bag and started to eat.

"Because I have to. It's the birthplace of the doppelganger," Klaus explains.

"I didn't realize that was a requirement," Katherine says looking away from Henrik's neck.

"Well, how could you? You betrayed me and fled England before I could give you the details, Katerina." Klaus says walking over to her. "But I did find your birthplace and I slaughtered your family. So I guess we're cool. Let's hope that Elena isn't as stupid as you are."

"Are you sure, Nik? Because Elena's not the sharpest knife among the rest," Henrik asked raising an eyebrow at his brother as he was walking towards the door.

"She won't run. She'll die before she lets anyone that she loves gets hurt." Katherine informs.

"And that's exactly what I'm counting on. You can't leave until I tell you to and keep Henrik here but you're not allowed to feed or cause any harm to him," Klaus compels her before looking at his baby brother. "Need anything while I'm gone?"

"Different clothing. You did kidnap me at the '60s dance," Henrik says crossing his arms.

Nodding to him, Klaus leaves the two alone in the apartment. Once the door shuts, the two look at each other.

"Is there any whiskey?"

~~~~~

After driving away from the boarding house with Elijah, Elena puts her car in park on the side of the road. And turns to Elijah, who was drinking blood from a bag.

"You look better," Elena says noticing the color coming back to Elijah's skin.

"Where did you get the dagger?" He asked, running his fingers against the empty blood bag.