Chapter 9: '60s Dance

Longest chapter I've written for this story. 2467 words.

~~~~~~~~

"You want to do what?" Henrik looked at his girlfriend with the most confused look he could make. The two were in the hallway as the school was still being decorated with 60's things for the dance.

"Come on, Hen. You've missed out on centuries worth of fun with me," Marisol complains as she grabs his hands. "It's just one dance then we can go back to your apartment and do whatever you like."

"What kind of dance is it? Because out of all the parties and celebrations, my mother did back in the 10th century, it was quite a spectacle." Henrik explains as he removes his hands from Marisol's before looking around. Watching as other students were carrying boxes of decorations.

"A decade's dance." Henrik frowns at her knowing there was more to it. Marisol hesitantly spits out the decade. "The 60's to be specific."

"Hippie's decade?" Henrik looks at her with an unsure look. "I may not be with the times but looking up things on the web helps me with the things I've missed."

"As well as the art of possessing people," Marisol says quietly.

"Oh shush, Mari, I've already got caught by the Salvatore brothers of being a witch. I don't need them to know about anything else I can do," Henrik whispers in her ear. "So... Anyway judging by this mess... everywhere. I'm guessing you're dressing up."

"First, yes, I am dressing up. Second, how did the Salvatores find out," She asked as the bell rang. The two started to walk to their classes together as they were close to each other.

"Figured since I was around Luka I was either one of my brother's witches or just an innocent human hanging with a witch," Henrik explains before he and Marisol parted ways to the different classrooms. "See ya, Love."

Thanks to Elijah's lovely ways of 'persuasion', Henrik had some of the same classes as Elena. He sat near the windows away from Elena, Bonnie, and Stefan to avoid them in History. A flyer for the dance was left on his desk when he got there. Looking at it in annoyance, Henrik crumpled it up a magically got it to hit Stefan in the head without getting anyone's attention.

Henrik smirked as Stefan reacted to the paper ball hitting his head in pain and was looking around for the culprit. He finally gave up when Alaric entered the classroom.

"Hello, class," Alaric says carrying a box to his desk. "What... Are we learning today?" He starts to flip through some pages in a book cluelessly while trying to find the class plans.

"With the decade dance tonight, we've been covering the 60's all week," Dana says.

"The sixties." Alaric looks rather annoyed about having to cover the 60's before looking around the classroom. His gaze catches Elena's figure before he continues to look around to Henrik. Upon seeing him, Alaric turns to the chalkboard.

"The, uh, ahem... The sixties. I wish there was something good I could say about the sixties," Alaric says, unable to think of any notable decent things of that decade. "But... Actually, they kinda sucked. Except for the Beatles, of course. They made it bearable."

"Uh. What else was there?"

"Stoned Hippies." Henrik blurted out.

"They were mostly at music festivals, uh, Henry," Alaric tells him before thinking of other events that happened in the '60s. "There was also the Cuban missile thing, the-- we walked on the moon. There was Watergate."

"Watergate was in the '70s, Ric," Elena corrects him before correcting herself. "I- I mean, Mr. Saltzman."

When class was finally over, Henrik was outside looking rather annoyed at seeing the mixture of bright colors everywhere.