Chapter 14: Chicago

Sorry for the late update. Classes have been stressful and I've been feeling a bit under the weather.

I was also having trouble incorporating one of my Oc's into this chapter while trying to figure out how Rebekah will react to Henrik.

And can I just say 20k reads!!!! I didn't expect this story to hit that in just over a year. I was baffled at first but I'm just glad you guys have been enjoying this.

———

Chicago

"Please tell me that this long drive is over already?" Henrik asked obviously tired of the countless hours of driving. The trio of the supernatural arrived at a warehouse in the windy city of Chicago after the failure of Klaus's hybrids at the Smoky Mountains.

"Til I can get an answer for the reason why my hybrids are failing," Klaus tells his baby brother as they got out of the car. "Oh and welcome to Chicago, brother. And welcome back to you, Stefan."

"What are we doing here?" Stefan asked.

"I know how much you loved it here. Bringing back memories of the good old Ripper days?" Klaus asked.

"Blackout most of them. A lot of blood, a lot of parting," he says. "Details are all a blur."

"Well, that is a crying shame. The details are what make it legend." Klaus says as he starts to reminisce about the good old days he had with Stefan during the 20s.

"Oh come on, stop making jealous. I would have loved being here during that decade," Henrik says annoyed at his brother and Stefan. "So can I meet this old friend of yours, Nik?"

"I don't see how dropping by an old friend's place is going to help you, Klaus," Stefan stated.

"We're going to see my favorite witch," Klaus says before getting a glare from his little brother as he walked over to the car. "Okay. Second favorite witch. If anyone can help us with our hybrid problem, it's her."

"Lovely, yet another car ride," Henrik groaned as he followed after his brother back to the car.

~~~~

"Cool place. Better than that country bar you spent hours torturing that poor wolf," Henrik says as they had entered a very dimmed lighted bar.

"Looks familiar, doesn't it?" Klaus asked Stefan, who was looking in around recalling some moments he had.

"I can't believe this place is still here," Stefan replies before an old dark-skinned woman came in from another side of the bar.

"You got to be kidding me." She says.

"So a hybrid walks into the bar, says-"

"Nik, I'm going to stop you right there." Henrik interrupts the Hybrid. "If anyone was the comedian in our family, it was Kol."

"He's right. You may be invincible, but that doesn't make you funny." She agreed as walking over to the three. "I remember you." She looks at Stefan then to Henrik. "Who's the new face?"

"My only non-undead brother... Gloria, I like you to meet my baby brother, Henrik." Klaus introduced them. "Henrik, this is Gloria an old friend of mine and Stefan's."

"Hello there." Henrik waved at his brother's friend.

"Shouldn't you be..." Stefan starts.

"Old and dead? Now if I die, who's going to run this place, huh?" Gloria questioned.

"Gloria's a very powerful witch," Klaus explains to both Stefan and his younger brother.

"Wow... shamefully forgetting that I'm a witch as well... I'm hurt," Henrik tells his big brother while pretending to be hurt.