3 | bounded

- xiao -

"please take good care of me, guardian yaksha."

it all happened too fast, i couldn't stop staring at my wrists- never was i bounded by this kind of contract before. it vividly glowed gold- signifying a powerful contract has been made.

humans usually wished for luck, treasure, and other material things, yet this woman.. wished for a companion.

"what are your conditions?" i asked as i was able to snap out of my shock.

"i only need you to accompany me for four months."

"just until my last breath." she said and gave out a bitter smile.

it suddenly became cold again, but the wind blew quietly.

just how i liked it

it didnt look like it went the same for her.

"xiao." i said as i held out my hand to hers.

"is that your name? oh well, i'm (first name)." she said not taking my hand, she looks like she'll freeze to death in the cold of the night. much more on the top of qingyun peak.

i looked at her once more and she got the gist. "oh, i apologize! you were offering your hand yet i feel like you'll feel cold." she hurriedly explained

"you carry a vision, right there." she said and pointed over my left glove. "thats an anemo vision, if im not mistaken. so i assumed you probably must've had cold hands."

"what kind of nonsense are you saying?" i told her as i took her hand and pulled her close. "hold on tight." i said as we jumped down qingyun peak.

the jump was quite high yet this woman felt so odd when i held her close.

'quite an intriguing story to be told' i thought to myself.

- (first name) -

"what kind of nonsense are you saying?" xiao said as he raised an eyebrow. you were hesitant to take his hand as it became colder, 'anemo wielders always had cold hands.' you thought to yourself.

but in a flash, he suddenly took your hand and pulled you close. surprisingly, his hands were warm.

"hold on tight." he suddenly said as your eyes grew wide.

"wait- hey, what!" you managed to mutter but he already jumped, with you clinging onto him.

he was as swift as the wind. almost like he was one with it. the fall down wasn't painful, as the both of you landed with elegance on the ground.

near were you landed was a small gazebo with a torch beside it. "go sit down. ill light it up." xiao said as he took the torch and walked towards the burning flowers.

as soon as you sat comfortably inside the gazebo, you watched him poke the flowers with the torch causing them to lit up.

he walked back to hang the torch near you so you'd feel less cold.

"its such a bother to be entangled with a contract like yours." he said with his ever so emotionless face.

"thank you for going such lengths." you said as you stared over the fire.

it was getting warm.

"we still have to discuss your contract." xiao mouthed as he stood up.

"ah yes-" he cut you off as he pointed over your neck

"and you have to tell me about that.."

"other contract too."

'of course, he'd see right through me.' you thought as you looked at him.

"tell me," xiao said as he eyed on you

"why does your soul feel like its corrupted with regret?"

-