18 | gift

| third pov |

"and i don't remember sharing." the demon said as he pierced a glare towards the adeptus.

xiao could only pull his hand back, with hesitation visible on his face, but quickly returning to his stoic state.

"i need you to give her back to me." xiao mouthed as he sat down near yue.

"i have nothing to give back." circe said, still carrying (first name) close to him. "not in this lifetime."

"you're going to die." was all xiao could say as he walked towards the demon and (first name)

"as if i didn't know that." circe snorted towards xiao's words and immediately followed with, "don't touch her."

"she's reminiscing locked memories."

xiao's stoic expression showed no change, but circe mouthed once more, "you are not from this time."

"do not meddle on things.. beyond your timeline." circe said as the sky grew gloomier..

xiao looked around the environment and let out a chuckle. "an anemo wielder?"

(first name) whimpered as she slowly felt the cold air creep in.

"tch.. you're not supposed to wake up until you remember everything.." circe clicked his tongue in disdain.

"i'll leave." xiao said as he started walking away.

"she better be back with me in two days.. or i'll force her out of this place."

"one way or another.. circe, is it?"

×

| third pov | within the dreamscape |

×

"oh you're here again!" the tiny girl loudly said as she saw the fox wandering near her house.

she could only look at it as she waved towards it. no longer bothering it.

the next few days were similar from the first time she saw the little creature. coming near her house, over and over and over again.

something sparked within her little mind, and out of curiosity, she slowly followed the fox outside.

"(first name), where are you going?" her mother yelled as she saw her daughter slowly following the small fox. she eyed her daughter while holding on to her stomach.

"i'm going to play!" the girl cheerfully answered back as she continued to follow the small creatures footsteps. "i'll be back later, you and the baby should just stay safe there!" she once again yelled back as she gradually disappeared over the end of their road.

"wait for me!" she said as she ran faster towards the fox.

surprisingly, the fox really did wait for her as it perked up its ears.

"ah i finally got to you! where is your owner?" (first name) said as she kneeled down to the foxes height.

she tapped her lap and urged the fox to sit, "its cold there. come here."