17 | altered memory

a loud whistle of the wind was heard as cold air harshly gushed, (hair color) locks flew with the canopy of leaves that accompanied the gale.

"no!" a little girl yelled out as she was trying to save the small animals from the wind storm. she was desperately running towards the small fox that almost got blown away,

despite the heavy breeze, she still persisted to catch every small animal within her vicinity.

"ah! i g-got you!" she stuttered as the cold wind only blew much harder, while hugging the small fox within her small frame, she tried her best to run against the current to go back to their small hut near guili planes.

"you'll be safe with me, don't worry." she spoke towards the small creature as it was wincing its eyes. its body was weak and cold, so the small child did her best to share some warmth.

the way back home felt like a long journey for the small child, it felt like she never stopped walking within the terrain.

"where do you think you're going?" a stern yet gentle voice spoke with the wind.

"huh?" the small kid stopped in their steps, still hugging the small white fox.

within a click of a second, a woman with light brown hair was facing the kid, her hair fluttering along the air.

"where are you going?" she once again asked,

"i-i'm going home! the animals aren't safe here," she stuttered, "i must take care of them!"

the woman who was surprised with the child's answer, smiled.

"what's your name?"

"..(first name)," she said as she hugged the fox much more tightly as she didn't want to look like she was overly trembling from the cold.

"humans really are small and fragile as dust," she commented and gave her smile.

"that's my friend," she said once more as she lowered her stance to meet the child'z height.

"thank you for caring over my friend," she said as she gave her a small pat on the head

her hands glowed gold as soon as her palms touched her messy (hair length) hair.

"who are you?" the kid asked as she looked up to her,

"i am guizhong," she said with a playful smile, "i gave you a gift, a relatively small one.. but, it is for saving my friend,"

"..no i don't need a gift." the child said as they tugged the lady's dress, "caring for people does not need rewards,"

guizhong smiled as she heard the kid say those phrases, "the gift of life.. fits you very well."

"i will take care of her," guizhong said once more, (first name) hesitated to give away the fox she was holding, yet gave into her gentle demure.

"please take care of the small fox.." the little girl said as she carefully placed the creature into guizhong's care.

"i will not disappoint,"

×

| xiao |

×

it has been quite a journey into finding where that mortal stayed within the bounds of early liyue, but i didn't expect to find her here..

where we first met.

qingyun peak.

somehow, even in her dream she looks as if she's dreaming.. i slowly went towards the small hut she was staying at and saw a small boy similar to (first name).

"you must've been her price to pay," i mindlessly mouthed out as i continued to walk towards (first name).

i sat beside her and pushed a few strands of hair away from her face, i flinched over touch of her skin— it was cold.

"(first name).. let's go back.." i whispered as i took her hand,

it doesn't look like she aged at all. she looks quite the same.

much more that she is also asleep in her current dream,

as soon as i was planning to wake her up, someone abruptly interrupted.

"who are you?" a man with golden hair said as he put aside the bucket of water he was holding,

"i am simply taking back what is supposed to be mine." i said straight to his face— his aura radiates an ambiance i could remember from the old days,

he was a demon.

"yours?" he said with a sharp look as he suddenly took (first name) into his arms,

a harsh wind suddenly blew as i heard cloud retainers voice in between, "alatus, stop changing her timeline!"

"this one's mine." the demon mouthed as his orbs glowed like the sun,

"and i don't remember sharing."

'the contractor..'

×

rel: i have a favor to ask.. i've seen quite a lot of comments from earlier chapters that they have been comparing my work to other fics.. and i don't feel comfortable when i see them, so can you please stop,, :( am i being too sensitive? but asides from that, i've been seeing comments that says, "i hate this story" to which i deleted because i feel like those aren't constructive criticism.. please.. i understand that what i make is not everyone's cup of tea,, but please don't be rude :(

https://discord.gg/MzppexWS8g