4 | entangled

×

| third persons pov |

×

"and you have to tell me about that.."

"other contract too."

"tell me," xiao said as he eyed on you

"why does your soul feel like its corrupted with regret?"

his words ringed as the girl swayed her locks to the side, showing her nape, it then revealed a mark similar to the one that glowed within xiao's wrist.

"this deal is done" she said as she showed the adeptus, "do you wanna sit down by my side?" she then asked as she pointed towards the vacant space near her.

the adeptus eyed on her for much longer before heading to sit next to her.

"what kind of deal did you make." xiao asked, not in a tone of asking for curiosity, more of a command to tell him what happened.

the woman sighed, "i wanted to protect my brother.."

"wanted to."

"he was my only family left.. but.."

xiao noticed how she began to be uncomfortable while telling the story, "mortal. you do not need to push yourself to tell me this tale."

"but you said you wanted to know?" she asked confused.

"truly that mark on your nape is something i need to know. as the guardian yaksha of liyue, i have to know if that devil still roams free and if he's still making contracts with foolish mortals such as yourself."

"but if it bothers you to this extent, may i ask to hold your hand when you fall asleep?" xiao said while gazing out the gazebo.

"my hand?"

"i will look at your memories." he said as he faced you. "now, you don't have to go into detail, just tell me what was the end game of your contract."

"i called out a devil so my brother and i could exchange our fate."

"the price i had to pay for was.."

"my life."

as the lady said those words, xiao grew visibly concerned, as such a monster like that wanders in liyue.

"guardian yaksha, you don't have to worry about him anymore." she explained

"he vanished not long after our contract didn't meet both ends."

"the mark on my neck signifies my horrible decision," she gave out a faint laugh

"yet you called out another one." xiao said with his stoic expression.

"i guess i just never learn." she mouthed. "but, that was the goal though."

"to call out a demon."

"but somehow, i got way lucky and called out an adeptus." she smiled as xiao's amber orbs looked at her (eye color) eyes.

"we can't stay here for too long." he mouthed, "get ready, im taking you to wangshu inn."

"huh? but how?" she questioned.

"i am not powerless like you. all you need to do is to hold on tight."

×

| xiao |

×

as the breeze swiftly carried the both of us back to the balcony of wangshu inn, i quickly set her down, yet she did not let go.

"we're not in the sky anymore. you can take your hands off me."

"oh. i apologize." she frantically said and let go.

"stay there as i talk to someone for a moment."

"mhm. i wont move. i promise." she said as she rubbed her palms together, trying to create heat.

as late as it already was, verr was still working, as usual.

"xiao. you dont usually come inside, is something the matter?" verr asked as i heard her cat purr.

"i need a room."

"oh yes, alright, a room for xia— huh??" she suddenly questioned.

"you dare make me repeat myself?" i said as i look her in the eye.

"a room.. a room for who exactly?" she asked once more as i pointed to the freezing girl on the balcony.

"i need you to let her stay here for 4 months." i said as i showed her the mark on my wrist. with that, no more questions were followed.

seeing how she understood the situation, she gave me the key almost immediately.

i can sense that human staring at me like she wants to burn a hole on the back of my head.

i let out a sigh as i faced her, i gave her a beckoning hand signal, i urged her to come to where i was standing. she quickly followed inside.

"just be quiet an follow me" i said as she nodded like a puppy. i walked towards the stairs up to her room. it wasnt that long of a walk, but i still did have in mind the contract she previously made.

"this is the room."

"you should rest now." i said i opened the door. "we can discuss the terms when you wake up."

"you can hold my hand." she suddenly said, "its better that you just take a look."

"i dont think i could bear to retell."

"very well, mortal."

"its (first name)." she said as she stepped forward towards my personal space.

"mr. adeptus, we'll be together for 4 more months. please call me (first name) instead."

"we're entangled!" she exclaimed

'what a weird human' i thought to myself.

"alright. now go to bed." i said asni went inside and sat at the nearest chair i could find.

"pretend im not here and just drift off to bed." and as i said that, once again, like a puppy, she nodded and went straight for the bed.

not so long after that, she immediately drifted to sleep.

i couldnt help but stare as i walk towards her.

"what are you hiding" i quietly said as i held her hand.

the mark on both our wrists glowed golden as i slowly spiraled into her memories.

×