23 | fleeting

| xiao |

it has been a week ever since (first name) woke up and told me that she might be the key to my life.

nothing much has really changed— asides from the fact that she always mentions the feeling of being in sheer cold.

"xiao!" she called me out while giving a smile, she was rubbing her hands again.

she must've been cold today as well.

the light in her eyes shine brightly whenever she looks back at me.

"what do you need?" i asked her as i walked towards to her direction,

"i remembered something i used to like doing," she said as she sits on the grass.

she pats the ground, urging me to come sit with her, i gave her no such outstanding expressions yet she continued to smile.

"and what is that?" i asked as i sat down next to her.

she lightly laughs as she suddenly puts her head on my shoulder, "it's watching the sun set with the people i hold dear,"

"can i hold onto your hand?" she asked as i could feel her shiver,

i did not answer, and yet i placed my palms on top of hers.

a gentle, shared warmth.

i sat still as we both watched the sun begin to set. the golden light that dawns as it gets engulfed with the glistening sea,

"i'm still cold," she suddenly mumbles out with her eyes closed.

"it's because winter is coming," i answered as she seemed unfazed.

i think she already knows why she was feeling the sheer.

"adeptus xiao, what will you be doing after two months?" she asked while she looks at me.

"i haven't thought that far ahead.." i mumbled.

'what will i do after this?' i thought to myself.

"probably.. the same."

"i will look after liyue.. and protect it in ways i do best."

"..the same," she softly smiles as she repeated some words from what i said.

"that's good, adeptus xiao will be reliable and strong as always." (first name) mouthed as she stood up and stretched.

"but at the same time i have this fear," i said, not looking back at her. instead, i focussed my gaze towards the sky that slowly darkens.

"that is normal, xiao." she answered me,

"it has been awhile since i had fears,"

"they revolve around our situation."

"somehow. i don't want you to go." i said as i caught her looking my way.

"and i don't want to live in fear.." i expressed out as (first name) only stared straight back at me.

"hm." was the first thing thag left her mouth.

"to live a life without fears is inconceivable." (first name) explained.

"what do you mean?"

"if you have nothing to lose, then what are you living for?"

at that very moment, it felt like everything around me stopped. there was nothing else in between the space  (first name) and i are sharing.

it made me think.. what was i living for?

"i finally know what my purpose is," (first name) interrupted my train of thought as she was suddenly a few inches away from my face.

"w-what?"

"your eternal pain," she mumbled as she inched her face closer to mine.

"i will take it from you," (first name) boldly mumbles as she stared right into my eyes.

her gaze and her cold hands cuffing my face— soon enough, she closed the tiny gap between our lips. sealed with a kiss.

my eyes wide opened from her sudden action but what she said was right— a gift i couldn't believe.

'i will take it from you,' the words lingered in my mind.

then all of a sudden, i feel no such harsh voices in my head. the constant battle between fighting the pain— dispersed as if they were never there to begin with.

but.

what seems to feel like eternity,

only lasted for a fleeting moment.

×

rel: 🤌🏻 good night.