22 | key

| third pov |

"i don't think i'll ever regret meeting you." she said looking over the adeptus.

xiao's expression slowly softens with embarrassment, "you say such weird things.."

"i am serious though," (first name) smiled widely as she continued to rest on xiao's shoulder.

the adeptus gives her a gentle look as he stays silent and leans his head over hers.

"did you get tired waiting for me to wake up?" she asked.

"there wasn't a passing day where i didn't wait for you." xiao replied.

"that wasn't the question, xiao." she chuckled,

"no." he looks her in the eye.

"why would i ever get tired." he asked (first name) without realizing his ears were turning red.

"...tired is not in an adepti's line of work." he followed as (first name) just bursted out laughing.

"do you know how much time we have left?" (first name) asked him as she reached out her hand over the air.

"three months," xiao answered her.

| xiao |

"you are correct, i have nothing else to do but to live my remaining days with you." she said as if she finally felt peace.

i couldn't utter anything else, this contract states that we had to spend the allotted time together and part quietly.

'quietly..' i thought to myself

"you're thinking too hard, xiao." (first name) said, "i have nothing more to do but to wait for my time."

"how do you know?" i asked her.

"how do you know you're dying?"

"isn't death something mortals can't foresee?"

(first name) noticed how conflicted i was looking at her.

"have you grown fond of me? perhaps even fall for me?" she jokes around and gently smiles as stands up from the bed.

"i dislike the feeling of falling," i told her

yet

at the time, perhaps, i loved you more than i feared the fall.

"i cant seem to have any rational decisions as soon as you're involved.." xiao sighed.

"i cannot guarantee.."

"anything after the end." she said as she swayed her hair to the side, exposing her nape towards my direction.

a bright golden number 3 was marked over the back of her neck, as soon as i recognized it, i stood up to take a closer look.

"before circe disappeared.. he gave me a parting gift." she pointed over to the golden mark on her nape,

"when he found out that i was one of the children of guizhong, he promised to give me a timer to find out how much time i would have before i was destined to do my so called miracle."

"when we got stuck within the archon war.. yue covered for me and.. he suffered what was supposed to be my end." (first name) continued to tell her tale.

"since our destined fate were tangled together, everything that was supposed to be mine.. came back in a flash."

"therefore resulting to circe accidentally breaking our contract."

"the demise of the people i loved all came from me."

"..on circe's last breath, he chanted this time spell." she pointed once again towards the mark.

"and this just means i'm closer to doing what i'm destined for,"

"well what are you destined for, (first name)?" i asked

"i have a hint.. that what i'm supposed to do.."

"has something do with you," she said

"i feel like i will be the key to your life."

"the key to my life," i repeated her words

perhaps you already are

×

rel: hahaha xiao kinnie :) anw.. if u cant join my ga,, may you do me a favor to vote for my godchild instead 👉🏻👈🏻

https://woobox.com/gi552z/gallery/DU3wTKKpX24