14 | nightmares

×

the beginning of
a mindless demise

×

| third pov |

"..at least.. not anymore.." xiao told her as (first name) was left in awe.

she just stood there with a pale face all of a sudden as xiao asked in a worried tone, "are you alright? what's wrong?"

his words ringed over her head as she suddenly walked towards xiao and rested her head against his chest. "adeptus xiao.. i.. i suddenly don't feel so good.." she mouthed as xiao felt her weight continuously press onto him, as if she was losing the strength to stand up.

"(first name)?" xiao called out to her

she tugged onto his clothing as she completely lost consciousness, xiao was in visible panic over the mortal he was looking over— "(first name) wake up." he said as he tried shaking the girl's body, to no response, he immediately took her in his arms as he dashed along back to the inn.

×

distorted dreams and distorted places— to reminisce what took place a thousand years ago.

is memory a sweet remnant or an underlying curse.

×

the morning crept in as the wind blew warm and gentle breezes

"(first name)!" yue yelled out as he was chasing after his sister who was heading to the river.

"what's wrong?" she asked the little boy.

"i can't find him.." he said while tugging her hand.

"who..?" she asked once more.

"circe! i can't find him!"

"i.. i haven't seen him ever since last night too." the woman told the little boy.

"i need to ask him something.. last night suddenly became a blur.." yue mouthed as he tugged his sisters shirt.

"what do you mean a blur?" she asked him as she kneeled to her brother's level.

"..you're not dying right.. i had this really bad dream.. and you died so suddenly.." the little boy said as he gave her a hug as he cried.

(first name) could only hug him back, gently caressing his hair while telling him it'll be alright.

"please don't leave.." the little boy cried even more as he buried his face over (first name)'s shoulder.

she knew too well about the situation, and yet she couldn't bring herself to tell him what she did.

"what lovely family bonding," a familiar voice creeped from behind,

"mind if i join the hug?" circe asked as his presence brought a loud eerie wind.

"mr. circe!" yue suddenly jumped from (first name)'s arms. "where have you been?" he asked him.

"somewhere important, little one." circe said as he gave the little boy a head pat.

"..why do i feel so sleepy all of a sudden..?" yue suddenly mouthed as he looked dazed and lethargic.

he continued to look sleepy as he finally dropped unconscious. (first name) panicked and quickly ran towards his brother. "w-what did you do?!" she anxiously yelled as she held her brother in her arms.

"he's asleep." the demon said as he took the boy from her arms.

"we need to talk." he sternly said as he had yue in his arms.

he continuously walked back to the hut as he placed down yue so he could sleep much more comfortably.

all (first name) could do was follow.

"what do we need to talk about?" she asked him

circe looked right into her (eye color) orbs as he mouthed, "you."

"we need to talk about you."

"what do you mean?"

"your brother heard us last night."

"what?!" (first name) almost yelled as circe walked towards her

"your brother mentioned about a blur incident.. i made it look like everything that happened was a dream." circe explained

"..you messed with his memories?" the woman asked as she held the demons hand

"i have a contract with you, and i will do what i think is best for you."

"not anyone else." he said as he put his right hand to cuff (first name)'s face.

"rethink our contract.."

"what? no.. i want.. i want yue to live well..."

"then what about you?"

"i.. i want you to live well." circe said as he pulled (first name) into a hug.

the past few months they have been venturing together took a toll on the demons wretched heart.

"this contract.. whether i disappear or not.. for your sake— i don't want you to die!"

"at least.. not anymore.."

×

triggering memories
leads to undeniable nightmares

×

rel: for clarification, no, xiao did not see this nightmare, this was plainly off your memories after collapsing.

also, join our discord server! link is also in my bio and the comment sec~

https://discord.gg/Q5QxJfYa