21 | regrets

| third pov |

"..tell me about it.." xiao said as he slowly let go from his embrace. (first name) tucking her hair to the back.

she sat up and said straight into xiao's eyes.

"..the children of guizhong.. i lived so long because i'm one of the chosen few.. to live a life for great change.."

xiao was awfully silent after hearing those words, yet cloud retainer mouthed, "you are the last."

"or perhaps i could say.. the only one who got out from morax's crystal.." cloud retainer said as they were rather fascinated.

"..guizhong.. can i meet her?" (first name) suddenly asked.

"no." xiao answered shortly.

"guizhong died in the archon war." xiao continued as he noticed that (first name) was confused.

"..i see." was all she could've muttered.

"i wonder what your purpose may be." cloud retainer spoke out.

"liyue is already considered a godless city. morax was assassinated not that long ago." they continued to talk,

"lord morax is also not in this earthly world too, i see." she mumbled.

"it seems like i have truly been away for so long,"

"to the point that none of this is familiar to me." she said as she smiled at both of the adepti's in her presence.

"do you need to know anything about your gift?" cloud retainer asked her

"i will be dying soon." she said, "will that affect the gift i had?"

"the children of guizhong will die once they reach their life's purpose. it's a shame, but i look forward to the wonders you will be destined for."

×

"ah we're finally back!" (first name) exclaimed as she sat on the bed.

"you're rather carefree for someone who was dead asleep for a week." xiao commented but his voice had a hint of relief.

"you were worried, were you!" (first name) smiled at xiao.

"nonsense." the adeptus replied trying to not look at her.

"i remembered a lot of things." she suddenly brought up a conversation and hinted that xiao should sit next to her.

"what are they?" xiao asked as he sat down next to her.

"they were painful things."

"now that they're much clearer to me, i regret them." (first name) mentioned,

"regret is often associated when you've already done something that displeased you," xiao stated,

"you won't ever have regret if you won't try something beyond your comfort."

"but what makes you human is that you try and look forward to succeed."

"..what comes with regret are memories you won't ever have again if you didn't do something about it in the first place." xiao explained as (first name) stared at him.

"when i was kid, i met the huli jing." she bitterly smiled.

"i kept wanting to meet them so i frequently thought about her. one day i trailed off to look for them.. if i never went out that day,"

"she wouldn't have died."

"my family wouldn't be cursed," she continuously told the adeptus.

xiao wanted to speak, but instead all be could offer was to listen.

"that nine tailed adeptus had a fire demon as it's lover.. i caused him to lose the love of his life."

"he burned everything back to dust, my family's misfortune started from there."

"ah, if i was just a little stronger back then, maybe i could've done something."

"maybe if it didn't happen at all.. maybe i lived my life as a normal citizen of liyue." she told him her tale as she bitterly laughed, "the ifs and maybe's haunt me to this day.."

"but," she paused for a second and rested her head over xiao's shoulder.

the adepti who hated physical touch didn't mind, rather he moved in closer to fill in the small gaps from her lean.

"even if i regret it."

"i would do the same thing all over again,"

"there would be different outcomes even if i do them the same," she smiled.

"i would have never had so much fun with my brother if we didn't grow up so closely knit,"

"i would have never met circe who loved me above anything else.."

"and, i would've never met you if i didn't lose it all." somehow a sense of relief was heard from (first name)'s voice.

"while i cannot guarantee you anything in return.." she looked up to xiao.

"i don't think i'll ever regret meeting you."

×

rel: hehe im sorry for being ia. anw i have an ongoing ga on my twt, pls check it out :) @mndotjp

edit: sa filo moots ko gago xori i2 lang aq.. late mg upload ng ud.. xenxia n kasalanan ko to! fuck! damn! *sinuntok ang pader ng wangshu inn*