27 | a speck of memoir

| (first name) |

"we're here," xiao mentioned as he led you to a place called wangshen funeral parlor.

you could only stare at the outer exterior as a mischievous lady approaches the both of you,

"oho! new customers?" she cheekily asked as a familiar face sparked within your vision as your eyes met with someone who looks exactly like morax,

"you—" the godly looking figure stopped you from speaking as he mumbled, "..you bear traces from the archon war,"

"do you know each other, zhongli?" the young lady asked him as he kept looking at you.

"not quite, ms. hu." he replied to the lady as you kept your eyes glued to him.

"i see you have something to converse. follow me inside as soon as you're done." she mouthed and walked away from the scene.

you looked back at the tall figure, "traces?" you asked him,

"..the crystals," he said once more before he mentioned, "are you perhaps.. one of the children of guizhong?"

xiao could only stare at you in the midst of the conversation,

"so you know about it." you answered back.

"i can't believe it.." he said in disbelief as glitters of gold shined over your skin.

remnants of the crystal you've been stuck with seated deep within your being.

"..are you perhaps the god of geo?" you asked him as you walked towards him, inching closer.

he kept a stern look but later on nodded, "i am no longer a god. i am but a humble consultant of ms. hu,"

"..why did you do it," you asked him

"why did you save me from the archon war.. you could've let me perished among everyone that was there too.." you suddenly teared up as xiao could only give you a hand to hold.

"..i woke up with no one by my side.. cursed to live a life so long.. and watching everyone i love pass by my eyes.." you kept telling morax.

even though living long was considered a gift.

deep down in your heart it was something much darker that it is.

to live long enough to see each passing loved one go within a flash.

and to carry on like nothing ever happened.. was the curse of longevity itself.

"but each passing.. helped you grow," morax replied as he tapped your shoulder.

"in the end, we will all go back to what we are."

"back to the dust."

"guizhong was a peculiar god who loved all of the people in liyue. each one of you are tasked to do something great and do things of purpose."

"..and her dying wish was to protect her chosen children." morax told you a tale as he stared at your eyes.

"in order to save all of you, i had no choice but to crystalize you by the stone forest."

"but,"

"how did you get out?" he asked you once more.

xiao kept awfully quiet the entire time but has assured you that he is right there beside you.

"..the traveller's sister broke the crystal."

"were there any more like you..?" he asked as his eyes grew concerned.

"no,"

"the children of guizhong will die after there purpose has been served." you told him,

"and it has been more than a thousand years. they are no longer here."

"then how about you, the last of guizhong's blessed children?" morax questioned.

"what is your purpose?" he said once more but before you could speak, xiao finally said a word.

"it's me."

"her purpose is me," xiao muttered under his breath towards morax.

"the voices in my head,"

"only (first name) can disperse them,"

"(first name) is.."

"my eden."

×

rel: hi. sorry for not updating. bad i have terrible news to share.

i am sick. the fatal deadly kind ever since january. i plan to finish this story before march ends. but after this, i can no longer guarantee to write.

i hope you enjoyed everything i wrote. thank you for coming by my journey. the last 3 chapters will be out soon too.

stay safe everyone :) belated valentines.