Thirty: Note

I lied there, halfway between dreams and reality. I felt tired. I had slept well, but I was still tired. Probably from how active things have been lately, with me having to search for the destroyers all the time. I haven't gotten that much sleep because of it. I never needed that much sleep, but that was before I got my powers and had to use them a ton. When I did sleep, it was just normal sleep. The dreams I had begun to consider normal were gone.

I slowly opened my eyes, tired, not wanting to get up, but I pulled myself up, only to be hit like a brick with the headache I've had for the past few days after nearly getting killed by Blackout. Three, him, and occasionally Thread had been popping up time to time, only to be taken care of by one of us protectors. However, they've become a bit more brutal and we normally came back injured. Pain shot up in me, but I pushed it out of the way and stood up, steadying myself before looking around. Pen, who after weeks was fully healed, was nowhere to be seen. Patch was sitting by Seed, eyes closed and head down, while Seed watched the big paper, most likely looking for the destroyers. I had learned this was the Master Sheet, as Pen called it, and it controlled the entire multiverse. Because I was healing after my most recent fight, Seed and Patch have monitored the AUs when I couldn't.

I stood up and walked over to Seed, headache subduing a lot faster than yesterday and almost gone by the time I reached him. His eyes flicked over to me for a moment then returned to the Master Sheet. "Hey, how you doing?" I asked before realizing it sounded weird coming from the monster who could sense other's emotions. 

"Bored," Seed stated. I wasn't sure how to respond, so I nodded and stood there, watching him work. Awkward silence filled the room before Seed talked again. "You? Healed yet?"

"Almost healed." I shudder at the memories of my most recent fight. I was resting in Dreamcrash and Blackout had attacked me, after my Soul, as normal. He had apparently been working on his skills, proving to be a tough opponent. In the end, I ended up tapping into my darker powers and almost went too far, causing me to feel weak and dizzy. Blackout took that opportunity to nearly bash my skull in. If Pen hadn't dropped in and scared him off, I would have been a goner. This was when I figured out that I could heal everyone but myself, so Seed was healing me, but his was a lot slower and didn't get as much done.

"So..." Seed continued, and I felt something odd from him. He seemed to be confused and a bit conflicted. "Should we... you know, tell them? About you know?" He flicked his head towards Patch. "Because that would be an awkward conversation, but a helpful one."

"Maybe," I responded, guessing he was talking about Dream.

More silence, because we apparently don't know how to socialize.

After a moment, Seed looked me in the eye sockets. "Wow, we suck at talking."

"Never considered it a strong skill of mine," I said, remembering my days in the village. I never really talked back then, and if I did, it was short. Sure I wanted to talk, but I didn't really have anyone to do it with.

"Same. I've never been good at socializing. Normally I cut to the good old 'Shut up or I'll kill you', which does wonders if you want to be left alone. I wonder if Original You used that too..."

I flinch slightly at Corrupted me being mentioned, but Seed doesn't seem to notice. "I bet he did. He seems like a not very nice person. Had no need for conversations, talking, questions, any of that."

"Definite opposite of you, with all the questions you ask."

"Hey!"

"What? I'm not wrong."

"You aren't and I don't like it."

"Please, please, please prove me wrong, but have you two spent the last few minutes talking about how you're not good at talking?" Patch says from the ground, causing me to jump. "Because that's just sad."