chapter 5 - oh my

The next day felt the exact same, like Lennox was reliving the same days as a punishment, yes she wasn't in a hydra base but here it was same feeling as they waited for Clint or any sign that they were alive, Laura was use to this from Lennox and ...

The next day felt the exact same, like Lennox was reliving the same days as a punishment, yes she wasn't in a hydra base but here it was same feeling as they waited for Clint or any sign that they were alive, Laura was use to this from Lennox and Clint but Lennox was taking this harder than her. She felt bad that they felt this anxiousness that made her skin crawl breaking out into an itch making her back and arms red from scratching constantly, she tried to take a shower and it resulted into another break down. She hadn't eaten anything since last night, she wasn't hungry. But when Laura asked, she lied.

Lennox was never a lier before, yeah she had the usual "i'm fine" when she wasn't but she never liked to talk out her feelings but this lie was something she should feel ashamed for or have to lie about but Lennox didn't want to stress out the pregnant lady. Laura was almost nine months pregnant and she didn't want to be the cause of premature birth. Lennox was born a month early, she was fine they just needed her to stay a few extra days. Clint was beside himself at eighteen years old waiting for his newborn sister to be okay. Lennox didn't want that to happen to Laura, she was the sweetest most welcoming people she had ever met.

Later on in the day, Lennox was lying in bed staring at the ceiling while her mind ran a 5k in her head, thoughts spewing out of her head she was thinking it might as well explode.

Where is Clint? Did they want Nat to be apart of the family more than her? Was she worthy enough to even get help or should they give up on her? Is Clint disappointed in her? Is the trip to the doctors going to be like Hydras doctors? Was her family actually proud or were they lying so she can fix herself? Am i too broken?

The thoughts went through her mind, her numbness going through her veins making her lie still, she couldn't feel the tears that came out of her eyes. The world was moving but Lennox wasn't or at least she didn't feel like she was, she wasn't scared or anything honestly she was just lifeless feeling.

The whole day was spent just looking up at the ceiling at the end of the night she got up to use the bathroom, everything was going fine. She used the toilet and then stared into the mirror, Lennox held down onto the counter as the world around her spun in circles. Her vision blurred, her mouth was dry and a sharp ringing could be heard in her ears. She glanced over at the window, it was pitch black outside. She turned back to the mirror and hit the floor.

"I don't know what happened... I- i had just checked on her because it was awfully quiet and i was worried and then as i was putting Lila to bed i heard a thud and i moved as fast as i could, she was on the ground in the bathroom." Laura cried into Clint's arms. It was the next morning, the Avengers had defeated Ultron and his army, Clint was tired but he couldn't just leave his sister lie on a bed unconscious.

"She's going to be fine, Laur. Lennox is a warrior." He optimistically responded to his distressed wife.

Steve and Natasha walked into the room, staring down at the female. Her pale ill skin, the bags under her eyes, the many machines she was hooked up too and the mass amount of security in the new Avengers facility, doctors ward. Everyone was worried about the young Barton, they stopped everything to be their for the Barton family.

"You two head home, we will call you when she wakes up." Natasha told the couple, they were hesitant but in the end agreed to go home since the kids were tired of being at the hospital.

"How long do you think before she wakes up?" Steve asked the red head that sat beside him.

"Hoping soon, they are pumping fluid and food into her system i'm sure she will be awake soon." Nat responded staring at the girl, Nat had a feeling like they knew each other for forever, all the stories and pictures she had heard about Lennox made her have a one sided friendship with the girl. For the past years she had celebrated November 13th with the Barton's, the day of Lennox Francesca Barton's birthday.

"What the hell is going on?" Lennox groaned from the bed, Steve shot up and ran to get a doctor while Nat moved next to the girl.

"Hey, it's me Natasha Romanoff. You are in the hospital, you fainted last night." Nat quickly explained. Then Steve came in with an all to familiar doctor.

"Oh my-" The doctor gasped.

"What?" Steve worriedly questioned the doctors gasp.

"Lenna..." The female doctor breathed out. "I'm sorry i'm Dr. Amara Foster."

"Mar? You did it. You're a doctor." Lennox weakly smiled at the awestruck doctor, Amara went over to her childhood best friend. The two girls looked the same just a bit worn out. "Am i healthy now?" She groaned out hoping everything would be over now.

"No." Amara solemnly responded, "You'll get there though." She smiled down at Lennox's weak body.

"Great. Oh that's good." Lennox closed her eyes again trying not to be blinded by the bright lights on the ceiling while Amara checked her vitals. "Steve, Natasha what are you doing here. Wait where is here?"

"We are in the new Avengers Facility." Natasha said, glancing at the girl before calling Clint and finding out they had to take a detour to the hospital, Laura was in labor.

"Wheres my brother?" Lennox asked, keeping her eyes closed. She didn't want to see the pity coming off of everyone's eyes as she lied in the bed looking like a zombie.

"He is at a different hospital, Laura is giving birth." Nat informed Lennox with a smile.

"I hope it's a cute baby, sometimes they look like aliens or old people." Lennox joked out getting a light laugh from all the people in the room.

"She is going to have to stay here for a while, we need to monitor her closely." Amara informed everyone in the room.

"$5 the baby is chunky." Lennox ignored the last statement.

"You are on." Nat narrowed her eyes at the girl in a playful way before leaving the room to just Steve, Amara, and Lennox.

"Nat and I aren't leaving here anytime soon so, we will check on you everyday and you can call us at anytime. Fury got you a phone." Steve handed Lennox the electronic.

"I was always cat man's favorite agent." Lennox teased.

"Cat man?" The two asked.

"Did you really think something cool happened to his eye?" She inquired the group. "Come on, he's a cat person. Next time you see him ask him about Goose. Don't rat me out though." Lennox groggy voice rang through their ears.

"  Lennox groggy voice rang through their ears