chapter 9 - good morning, sunshine

Lennox rolled out of bed ungraciously, it took about an hour for her to build up the courage to get out of bed

Lennox rolled out of bed ungraciously, it took about an hour for her to build up the courage to get out of bed. She trudged to the bathroom and looked at herself in the mirror. Her messy bed head, the bags under her eyes from crying last night. She groaned pulling out a pair of dark green sweatpants and a gray shirt, after she got dressed, washed her face, and brushed her hair and teeth she decided to leave her room. Well she paced back and forth from her door before braving it and opening the door. But it surprised her when she was met with a sleeping Steve Rogers in front of her door and a Natasha Romanoff drinking coffee, smirking at Steve sleeping and Lennox's confused facial expressions.

"I- do? Do you know why Captain America is sleeping in front of my door?" Lennox asked Nat, she shook her head, amused. Lennox bent down and nudged Steve, "Good morning, sunshine."

Steve groaned as he stood up, "What time is it?" He questioned. "Are you okay?" He snapped out of his own discomfort as he stared at the brunette.

"I'm okay, did you sleep there all night?" She asked, glancing down at the hard wood floors.

"Well, i didn't want you to be alone last night." He explained.

"So you slept in front of my door?"

"So i slept in front of your door, you were upset. Sorry, if i'm not supposed to care." Steve got defensive.

"No, it's okay. It was a sweet gesture, thank you. Now, let's get you some coffee, you are not a morning person." Lennox patted his back and they headed towards the kitchen, passing by Natasha who was trying to hold in her laugh.

"Good morning my favorite Avengers." Amara said brightly as she entered the kitchen where Sam Wilson, James Rhodes, Wanda Maximoff, Lennox Barton, Steve Rogers, Vision, and Natasha Romanoff were sitting, eating breakfast.

"Want to hear something funny?" Sam asked.

"Sure." Amara responded, pulling out her water bottle.

"Sam, don't say it. I'm warning you." Steve attempted to threaten Sam.

"Steve slept outside Lennox's door last night." He laughed, making the rest of the group laugh except Lennox and Steve.

"I thought it was very thoughtful of him." Lennox defended the man, Amara raised her eyebrow at her best friend.

"Oh, did you?" She narrowed her eyes at the two. "I can sense something and i will figure it out, but as of now i have work. I'll see you soon Lenna!" Amara waved her finger in between Steve and Lennox before leaving.

"I think i have the same sense as her." Sam announced, Nat and Wanda nodded in agreement.

"That is absurd you can not have the same senses people are built differently." Vision chimed in, making the team laugh.