chapter 59 - doors

"We are not dying pull yourselves together." Lennox chided them trying to hold up the beam with Rhodey, Rocket and Bruce.

"See you on the other side." Rhodey continued. Rocket whimpered beside Lennox as she forced tears back in her eyes.

"No. Listen. Someone will save us." Lennox finished her statement keeping her head above water. "Someone will save us, yeah. Yeah." She was repeating that in a whispered tone trying to convince herself.

Lennox always heard stories about how when you were dying how you would think of all the best memories in your head well that was far from the case she could only count down in here head and it was like a bomb was beeping in her head about this being her last moment.

She saw numbers in her head each number had a door. Lennox didn't want to find out what was behind each door, maybe because if she did it meant she accepted the fate of death. But there was a door that specifically caught her eye. It didn't have a number rather a symbol.

It was the black widow symbol with a stethoscope wrapped around it. She self consciously walked towards the door, it was silence except when she was a step a way from the door and there was a familiar voice. Calling out names. Natasha. Lennox opened the door and a bright light shines through blinding her for a moment.

"Hello?" Lennox called out waving her hand but Natasha didn't look.

"Amara! Mar! Are you here. I've made it back to you!" Natasha called out, taking steps closer to the opposite side of the room. Where she saw Amara Foster standing there with her arms wide open.

"You weren't supposed to visit me so soon, Tasha." She replied letting Natasha wrap her arms around her. "You were supposed to keep going. For both of us. But I am happy to see you, I read your letters. All of them. Even the ones not to me. Natasha Scarlett Jane Rogers of course Lennox had to go the extra mile and not pick a favorite. You deserved more time with her." Amara spoke calmly while Nat quietly sobbed into her chest.

"You deserved time with her." Natasha corrected making Amara chuckle. "She may not be blood related but I see so much of you in her. She's super smart, loves people, she enjoys helping people. And she can be one sassy person." Nat smiled at Amara. "I had to sacrifice myself for that little girl to grow up in a world full of people who love her."

"I think you did the right thing, love bug." Amara kissed her cheek. "I just wish you stayed a bit longer. It wasn't your time to leave."

"I don't think there is such a thing as the right time." Natasha replied.

Amara and Natasha turned to where Lennox was standing. Nat looked at Amara and Amara nodded, "Lenna, keep fighting its not your time. Scarlett needs you and Wanda she will need you. Someone is on the way." Amara explained, Lennox had never looked so confused in her life but it made her snap back into reality gasping for air and continuing to push up on the beam.

"Oh, god. We thought you were dead." Rocket turned to Lennox.

"Someone's coming. My kids need me." She caviled said. Sure enough Scott transformed into a massive man grabbing all four of them in one swoop. Scott put the four on the ground Lennox ran next to Steve rolling her ball of fire. She looked over at him with a evil smirk and he turned back facing Thanos.

"Avengers Assemble!" He chanted and the Avengers yelled back rushing as a herd towards the chatari and Thanos.

The ground shook with the weight of Scott's feet hitting the ground, the cold air chilled through everyone's hair. Lennox quickly dried off by using her powers, she had a horrible feeling in her stomach. A feeling that etched her soul.