chapter 54 - fur ball

"Looks like we are just in time

"Looks like we are just in time." Lennox announced pulling up to the facility when the aircraft landed in the large grass field. "Nebula and Rhodey have arrived."

"Rocket!!" Scarlett practically jumped out of her seat in sight of seeing the furry creature. Lennox laughed turning off the car, Scar ran down the driveway to see Rocket.

"Oh god. Satan spawn." He whispered to himself as Scarlett embraced him in a hug.

"I missed you Rocket. Are you staying?"

"I'll be back but me and Bruce have to go visit Thor." He replied, Scarlett huffed dramatically. "Sorry kid, gotta save the world."

"When can I save the world?" Scarlett questioned.

"When you're eighteen till then, go find your dad and have him help you get your stuff ready for your grandparents house." Lennox demanded, Scar gave one last hug to Rocket and then ran into the house passing Scott Lang. "Nice to see you, fur ball."

"Yeah, yeah. Tell big green I'm waiting." He murmured.

"Will do."

"Where's Nat? I thought she might want to come with to see Mars parents." Lennox asked putting the rest of Scarletts clothes in her backpack.

"She went to get Clint." Scott answered before Steve could.

"Great. So you all lied when I asked if anyone knew where he was. When is she getting back, you know what never mind I'll just leave now." Lennox stormed off leaving Steve standing there.

"Bye dad! Love you." Scarlett ran towards the super soldier giving him a hug goodbye and waving bye to the rest of the people in the room. On their way out she past Natasha. "Bye aunt Nat. I love you so much. I drew a picture for you and put it on your bed. It's of me fishing because mom said grandpa is taking me fishing this week." She babbled, Nat bent down and squeezed her little munchkin.

"I'll miss you bugger, have fun with your grandparents tell them I'll visit soon, okay?"

"Yep! Will you be here when I come back?"

"Yes i will, munchkin. You can tell me all about the fish you caught with papa. Then I promise to have a tea party with you." Natasha held out her pinky for Scarlett to latch her pinky onto as well. "Have a good time, munchkin. I love you."

"I love you Aunt Nat!" Scarlett called out to her as she grabbed Lennox's hand and they walked out the door.

Lennox walked into the facility holding a mug of coffee and still in her pajamas, music was blaring and the team was working. Tony had found a way to fix the time travel dilemma. Steve walked over towards his wife kissing her on the cheek before getting back to work.

"She's awake." Natasha whispered from behind Lennox, Nat was always the early morning type of person she got up did training sometimes she didn't even drink coffee to stay awake, Lennox envied that because morning were rough for Lennox.

"Shut up, it's my first night in a while without Scarlett waking me up. Plus my mind hasn't even fully processed what is happening. If you wanted me awake you should have woken me up." Lennox replied, handing her mug to Nat before leaving to go change into appropriate clothing for the day.

When Lennox returned the place was alive feeling, everyone was still working hard while Lennox joined Bruce, Nebula, and Scott in the rest runs. She had yet to see or talk to her older brother and quite honestly she was dreading it. Thinking about all the things she wanted to say to him for abandoning her and everyone else.

"I like the colors of the suit. It fits you Scott." Lennox commented as she stood next to Bruce.

"Time travel suit, not bad." Rhodey walked into the room adding onto Lennox's comment.

Bruce moved to wear Scott was standing putting something into his suit. "Hey, hey, hey! Easy! Easy!" Scott chided.

"I'm being very careful." Bruce answered back.

"No, you're being very hulky."

"I'm being careful." Bruce shot back at Scott.

"These are Pym particles, all right? And ever since Hank Pym got snapped out of existence, this is it. This is what we have. We're not making any more."

"Scott, calm down."

"Sorry."

"Let's breathe, can we do that. Do you want me to handle the Pym particles?" Lennox offered Bruce and Scott trying to diffuse the situation.

"We've got enough for one round-trip each. That's it. No do-overs. Plus two test runs." Scott explained while Bruce pressed a button, Scott's suit shrinked and then he was gone. "One test run." He added once he returned. "All right. Im not ready for this."

"I'm game." Clint announced, Lennox's head snapped towards him at a world record speed. "I'll do it."

"Are you ducking kidding me." Lennox chuckled hysterically, "I thought you were dead! No phone calls no texts not even subtle hints you were alive! No my names Clint Barton and my family is gone other than my sister but she doesn't matter because she spent ten years of her life alone. So I'm actually going to kill a bunch of people and go rogue." She mocked Clint, Rhodey's eyes flickered between the siblings. "I have a daughter. Her names Scarlett. You could have met her. But since you are an ass and obviously don't care you can wait." Lennox walked out of the room shouldering Clint on her way out.

"That was fun." Scott awkwardly commented.

Lennox sat in the chair next to Thor while she played with fire in her hands. "I'm sensing anger." Thor looked over to the female.

"Oh I'm furious. My brother is an ass." Lennox responded looking over to Thor who had sunglasses on and a beer in his hand. "Do you have more of those?" She questioned pointing to the beers. Thor nodded and handed her one. "How's New Asgard?"

"I don't know."

"Nice."