chapter 22 - snappy wedding

They wanted a quick and snappy wedding, giving about three weeks of preparation time for Lennox to get her shit together

In the past three weeks Lennox has had the same schedule, school, work on wedding preparations, sleep. Steve was worried about Lennox but anytime he distracted her during school or her job she would freak out.

Wanda was also a worried about her mother figure, it was scary seeing her all snappy constantly. Laura has been helping out a bit but Lennox wants to prove herself, her work to be shown off.

Anna and Christian Foster have flown in to see their daughter get married and they are staying at Nat and Amara's place. To say things were chaotic would be an understatement.

Tomorrow was the wedding and Lennox was doing last minute checks. Natasha was staying with Steve and Lennox tonight so the two brides wouldn't see each other on the wedding day. Amara stayed at her house with her parents, Clint and Laura along with the kids were also staying at the Rogers- Barton household making everything ten times more stressful.

A knock on the door made Lennox burn her pencil to a crisp.

"Len, i brought you a sandwich." Steve said in a soft tone, he walked in towards his girlfriend who had tears staining her face. "What's wrong?"

"I can't figure out what i'm forgetting and i just burned my third pencil. Is Wanda here yet?" Lennox's lip quivered, Steve brought her into a hug and when he replied to Lennox's question with a no, tears flowed down her cheek.

"Tell me what you need." Steve told Lennox, wanting to help.

"Just hold my while i try to remember what i'm forgetting."

"Of course, Woody." He kissed Lennox's cheek making her crack a smile. "I think you are forgetting to eat." He suggested.

"I can't eat, i have a wedding to plan." She snapped at him, "I didn't mean to snap at you, i definitely will not be planning our wedding." She nonchalantly commented, Steve's eyes widened and he was at a lost for words. "I'll eat in a minute, why don't you go make sure the brides aren't freaking out." Lennox suggested standing up and helping her super soldier boyfriend up as well.

"Okay, i'll check on you later." He said before closing the door and then Lennox could hear Clint's kids calling for their Uncle Steve, Lennox smiled to herself.

She finally remembered that she needed to get out the present she bought for Nat, from her and Clint. Clint was walking Natasha down the isle and so the siblings bought her a necklace with N+A on the back and a diamond on the front.

When Steve came back to check on Lennox his eyes went straight to the sandwich that he brought up five hours ago, she hadn't touched it. She hadn't eaten anything that entire day and now she was sleeping. Steve took a shower before getting into bed with Lennox.