chapter 10 - attraction

Amara and Lennox were sitting in Lennox's room, they were waiting for Clint to come visit the girls

"You told him his ass looks good?" Amara asked, chuckling lightly as she lied down next to Lennox on her bed.

"Well i wasn't lying, he has a nice ass." Lennox shined a crooked smile, laughing at herself. "There's just something about him that makes it easy to say those awkward things." Lennox groaned.

"Maybe you like him." Amara suggested.

"What, as a friend maybe. The last thing i need right now is a relationship. Me, Myself, and I are doing fine by our self." Lennox responded quickly in defense.

"Okay, sorry." Amara raised her hands in defense. "But after you are all better, then is there a chance for Stennox?" Amara questioned teasingly.

"Oh shut up, you are like all of the Avengers." Lennox rolled her eyes. "Aren't you the doctor, i shouldn't be trying to think about the future right now."

"Yeah i know. Plus the Lennox i know always lives in the moment." Amara rolled closer to her best friend and wrapped her arm around her. "I missed you."

"I missed you too." Lennox said earnestly. "Do you still have a crush on "the Falcon"?" Lennox asked, changing the subject.

"No, it was never a crush just attraction, i don't feel that attraction anymore."Amara replied. "Do you remember the time at the amusement park."

"I made you ride all the rides, then you threw up the cotton candy i bought you." Lennox finished Amara's thought.

"Yeah and you told me, it's okay some attractions aren't worth the pain." Amara laughed, "And i had no idea what that meant because i was to busy throwing up."

"Some rides or people aren't always worth the pain you get afterwards." Lennox cleared up her thought.

"Yeah, but how can you know that in the end you will get hurt?" Amara questioned.

"You don't, that's why it's just me, myself, and I." Lennox answered her question.

"Sometimes, you just have to risk it." said Amara.

"Is this conversation about me or you? I did risk something and it was a for a good reason but ended up poorly, i'm scared to take all the risks i did before."

Amara nodded in Lennox's response. "But don't you think being in love is a beautiful thing or being in a relationship?" Amara inquired.