Chapter 30: Idyll

**Niall's POV**

"Niall! Are you ready? We have to be at the airport by 6am!" Zayn called from our shared bathroom, as he shaved his stubbly beard.

"Yeah," I replied, zipping up my suitcase and then lying down on my bed.

It was 4:30am and I felt like a wreck; I went to bed at 10pm and finally slept at 12.

Truth is, I spent most of the night agonising about Olivia.

Her sad face when I stood up to leave made me feel as guilty as ever. I could picture her clear as day every time I blinked. Oh, Olivia.

I wanted to hug her and say sorry, but I was too annoyed at that Alex guy to apologise.

I took it all out on Olivia, when it was clear she had no feelings for him.

I'd screwed up...big time.

Zayn re-entered the room a few minutes later and lied down next to me.

After a few moments silence, Zayn asked, "Heard from Liv, yet?"

I bit my lip and blinked hard, "Nope."

Zayn sighed and I continued, "I've messed everything up, haven't I?"

"Yeah, Niall. You have."

This didn't surprise me, and I looked at my thumbs guiltily.

Zayn tried to make eye contact with me, and then gently punched my shoulder.

"You can still fix this. I know that you two are crazy in love." He said, and I smiled.

He was right; she's still the one, isn't she?

I did still love her, although I knew Olivia would probably hate me right now.

"What day is it?" I asked him.

"Thursday...why?" He looked at me curiously with his golden eyes and I widened mine in shock.

Olivia must have gone to court yesterday!

"What's wrong? Ni?" Zayn asked, and I quickly scrambled off the bed.

"I've got to see her!" I ran to the door and opened it.

"If I'm not back by quarter to six, leave without me!" I called, and slammed the door shut.

**Olivia's POV**

I was woken up at 5:02am precisely by a loud pounding on the door.

Cara groaned and hid her head under the pillow whilst Rose was still snoring like a pig.

I rolled my eyes and slowly got out of bed, shutting my eyes till everything was in focus.

When I finally got to the door, I almost collapsed from shock.

"N-Niall?" I narrowed my eyes at him; what a nerve to only come now, and at this hour!

But the way his face drooped and I looked at his red eyes, I immediately felt a pang of guilt.

"I still love you!" Niall whispered, and I stumbled backwards.

Why had it taken him so long?

I opened and closed my mouth, shocked.

In that moment I did the only thing I could.

I wrapped my arms around him and pulled him into a kiss I'd waited for for so long.

It was sweet and gentle, but I kissed with longing.

His strong arms were wrapped round my waist and I smiled into the kiss as happiness buzzed throughout my whole body.