Chapter 24: Sparks

"I've missed you so much!" I squealed as I wrapped my arms around his neck and he hoisted me off the ground, kissing my forehead.

"I've got your Christmas present." Niall grinned and I returned the ubiquitous smile cheerfully.

"I've got yours too! Sorry if it's not very good..." I trailed off as Niall shushed me.

"Seeing you was easily the best Christmas present ever." He said and I beamed at his cheesiness.

"How come you're back here so early?" I asked, as he set me down.

"I go back to work in a few days, so why not spend time with my favourite girl?" He winked and I rolled my eyes, sticking my tongue out at him.

"I like the jumper, by the way." He commented, pointing to the red jumper Margaret bought me for Christmas.

"It's cool, huh?" I grinned and re-adjusted it a little.

"Very. You look adorable." He teased.

I laughed and he kissed my nose, making warmth flare up within me.

**

Niall and I both beamed into the camera of his iPhone.

Niall and I were in our Christmassy gear; I was wearing my jumper, mistletoe earrings and a Santa hat he'd brought me while Niall wore a fake white beard and glasses.

I leaned against his shoulder as he scrolled through the photos and sent it to twitter.

@NiallOfficial: Catching up with @OliviaMayX

I grinned at him.

"Want to see what I got you for Christmas?" I asked him, walking over to my wardrobe and pulling out the gift bag of presents I bought him.

He nodded eagerly and rummaged around in his sports bag to pull out a pink and black paper gift bag for me.

"Okay. Open the smaller one first." I said, trying not to smile.

Niall looked at me with worry, "I'm scared now."

"Just open it!" I laughed, combing my hair with my fingertips and fixing my Santa hat.

He ripped open the paper and grinned to see the DVD I'd made, entitled; "DVD". Original.

It was a compilation of silly videos of me, El, Dani, Rose and Cara, and I'd even asked some fans to send in videos for the boys, promising a follow in return.

I made it last minute, with no idea how to edit videos. Fortunately, Tommy, who worked at the hotel, had a MacBook and helped me put together the DVD.

"What a creative name, Oll." He joked and I hit him playfully. "I'm intrigued, can't wait to watch it." He reassured with a smile.

"Open the soft one."

He rolled his eyes and picked it up gingerly, before tearing the gold paper.

He held up some T-Shirts I'd bought and grinned widely at me, before yanking his own shirt off and putting on the first one he saw.

"Niall!" I yelped, covering my eyes and feeling my cheeks go red.

He laughed and bravely kissed my cheek, "We are dating, remember."

I slapped his hand away and told him to open the final one.

He smiled at the book and pictures, "Thank you, I love it! We'll have to fill it with our own pictures, won't we? Thank you for everything, Oll." He hugged me and I smiled.

"Are you sure it's enough? I would've spent more on you bu-"

Niall rolled his eyes and cut me off, "It's more than enough, it's perfect. I love you."

I smiled sheepishly and he grinned, "Open my presents!"

I ripped open the first present to see a small red velvet box.

I quirked an eyebrow and Niall nodded for me to open it, looking at me anxiously.

I gasped when I saw a pretty sterling silver bracelet with a heart in the centre.

Written on the underside of the heart was 'Yours, Niall.'

My mouth formed an O as I looked from the bracelet back to him. "It's...beautiful." I gasped, unclasping it.

I felt so lucky to have Niall. We'd been together just short of a month, and though we'd been apart, my trust in him hadn't ceased.

Of course it would be a challenge to stick together, but I would definitely try for his sake.

I wasn't sure, but I had an inkling that he was the one I'd wanted to spend my life with.

"Thank you, I love it." I said, slipping it on my other wrist and hugging him again.

He grinned, "Glad you like it. Open the other presents!"

I dug inside the large gift bag; there was a large squishy item so I decided to open that first.

It was a soft leather handbag with a silky interior.

I thanked Niall over and over again before opening my last present; a perfume called Flowerbomb by Viktor and Rolf.

"Ooh, what's this?" I asked curiously, sniffing the bottle.

Niall blushed, "I was testing out perfumes and I thought you'd like this the best. I was looking at the perfumes on your vanity and...well I figured you liked fruity perfumes." He blushed.

I grinned at the thought of Niall spraying different perfumes on himself at a perfume counter, just for me.

I squeezed his hand, "Thank you, Niall. I wish I'd got you much more."

He rolled his eyes, "All I want for Christmas is, simply, you."

**

I jerked my head at the loud bang of a firework, which lit up the sky in bold reds and purples.

"It's so pretty, don't you think?" I sighed as Niall and I lay in the old park again, gazing at the sky side by side.

This had become like our own little hideaway, where there were no cameras, nowhere to look but at each other.

I'd found my man.

"What will we do after you leave?" I asked, after a silence fell between us.

"I want you to come with me." Niall said.

"But...I work here..." I trailed off as Niall turned to face me.

"I thought you might say that. I was just...I don't now, just now that I have you I don't want to let you go. I know you don't want to leave here, and I can see why. But I'll be back to see you, don't worry." He leaned over and placed a kiss on my mouth as another firework sizzled in the navy blue sky, battling to outrival the fireworks surging through my body.

As we pulled back, I heard Niall's steady breathing and rested my head on his chest as his arm snaked around my waist.

"I'll miss you, Niall." I whispered, my voice cracking.

He touched my wrist where his bracelet was. "Yours." He read the engraved word, looking me in the eye.

I nodded, "Yes, yours."