Chapter 22: Rapture

**Olivia's POV**

"Why didn't you guys tell me?" I sat down on my bed, facing Cara and Rose.

They both exchanged confused glances.

"Tell you what?" Cara asked me.

"Since when have you two had boyfriends?" I asked, like it was obvious.

Rose looked at Cara in surprise, "Harry asked you out? I had no idea."

Cara shrugged, "Harry asked me out after your dad...you know. He took me on a date and asked me then. I was going to tell you but you went out with Niall."

"Oh. And you, Rose?" I asked her.

"Well, Zayn asked me out this morning." Rose said, smiling.

I sighed, "I hope I get a boyfriend, honestly, I'd hate being a third wheel."

Cara hugged me, "You really think we'd let you be a third wheel?"

I shrugged and Rose prodded me. "Niall's nearly as shy as you are, Olivia, just give him time."

I nodded, and planned to do exactly that.

**

The familiar strumming of guitar strings reduced the shrieks of the audience to sighs and mutters and they all gazed at the boys happily.

I saw how taken everyone was by these five boys - like they were a lifeline. It was amazing to see.

I watched Niall play guitar intently on stage, as I sat with the four girlfriends of the boys; Cara, Rose, Danielle and Eleanor.

Absent mindedly, I wondered what it must be like to be a huge fan of them. It must have felt terrible, finding out they all had girlfriends.

"Your hand fits in mine..." Zayn began the song, his voice harmonising with the soft music in the background.

The lights dimmed and reduced to the waving of glow sticks, phone lights, anything which glowed.

When it came to Niall's solo, he locked eyes with me.

"You'll never love yourself half as much as I love you. And you'll never treat yourself right darling, but I want you to."

I gasped at his words - could they be true? Did he care for me?

I had no idea where we stood with each other - I wanted to be his, I wanted to care for him as he had for me.

But I didn't know if I was enough, or if I'd ever be enough.

I smiled at him and when the song ended he made a heart with his hands, then directing it to the audience.

I couldn't believe my luck; in over a month, I'd made a new life, fixed the rails and got back on track. I'd won my battle against my father.

It was a cathartic, liberating feeling, and watching Niall, my feelings were realised.

I...loved him.

***

"Thank you London, you've been amazing!" Harry yelled through a microphone over the screams and cries of fans all across the arena.

The noise was indescribable - loud, deafening, piercing, bubbling.

"We love you guys!" Liam added.

"You're all absolutely incredible!" Zayn shouted through his microphone adjusting his ear piece as Louis blew a kiss to the crowd.

"I love each and every one of you out there!" Niall shouted through the microphone.

"...But there's one girl who really needs to get it through her head."

The fans whispered and looked around to see where Niall was looking in shock. Some were outraged. My heart stopped.

He pretended to scan the stage and, before I knew it, Zayn had run off the stage towards us, ignoring the cries of the fans, and had hoisted me over his shoulder.

I screamed, "Zayn! Put me down!"

"As you wish." Zayn grinned, setting me down on the stage in front of tens of thousands.

And like a deer caught in headlights, I was frozen.

elt the blood rush to my face and I heard lots of girls shout at me. I couldn't decipher what they were saying, but it cut me in two.

I blinked and soon felt Niall place his hands on mine, before bringing the mic to his mouth.

"This girl here, Olivia, is incredible. She is so strong and pretty and..." Niall paused to look into my eyes and then brought the mic to his mouth again.

"And I'm in love with her." His voice was echoed around the arena through speakers, but all I could hear was his mesmerising voice; all I could see were his eyes staring into mine with such love.

He moved his microphone away and spoke so only I could hear. "I love you, Olivia. You deserve so much love because you got none from your dad. I'm giving you...everything."

"You really mean it?" I whispered.

He nodded. "Do you love me?"

I looked him in his azure eyes. My heart thudded as i saw him for what felt like the first time.

Niall loved me, and I him.

I knew now that he was everything I needed and more. The sun rose and set with him, and he guided me through darkness.

He was just. He was light and he was kind and the moon and...my love.

He'd captured my heart and revived it with his wit, friendship and permanence.

His eyes shine and I witnessed an emotion, that raw, unhindered emotion I could never lace until now.

"Yes, Niall. I love you."

Niall's eyes brightened and he lifted me up, kissing me.

It was as if I was flying, soaring, catching the stars and falling back to earth.

His touch was soft, warm, electrifying, scarily taming - my phobia disintegrated with him, my fears were forgotten, my darkness was shed by his high intensity light which could both save me and make me collapse.

Once I was back down on the ground, he took my hand and began to talk into the mic again.

"Olivia May Nicholson...will you be my girlfriend?"

Tears brimmed my eyes and the thought of him leaving today did nothing to stop me from nodding rapidly.

The crowd erupted in cheers, with some booing distracting me.

I couldn't, shouldn't care about what they thought of me.

I'd found my own fairy tale man, and he was everything I dreamed he would be.

Niall smiled at me adoringly as I walked off the stage in a daze, brought in a group hug with these four amazing girls.

"I'm happy for you, love!" Danielle kissed my cheek as I was released.

I grinned at all of them and pulled out my phone.

Ignoring the hate tweets, I checked the worldwide trends to see that 'Nivia

It was a beautiful moment - feeling...accepted. Like I'd passed some test.

I felt less of a misfit; I belonged.

My heart belonged to Niall now, and I really hoped it would be big enough for the two of us

***

"Bye, Niall. I love you! See you after Christmas!" I called one last time as Niall and the boys got in the car.

"I love you more." He uttered, and his words held so much promise.

It felt so natural to say those words, more so to hear him say them.

I felt special, like I had one more reason to live.

He was my lifeline, like he was for all his adoring fans.

I watched the car turned away and speed off into the distance, calm.