Chapter 7: The Rich and Famous

Approximately forty minutes later, I entered my new suite with Cara and gave her a massive grin.

"Can you believe it?!" I asked, confused yet thrilled.

She just shook her head, quiet, for once.

They were real, I thought, smiling. I was completely starstruck by the band I wouldn't have recognised three days ago.

"How long are they staying?" I asked, hoping I'd be able to meet them properly.

She loosened her hair from its updo and allowed it to cascade down her back in waves, and I immediately felt envious of her. Cara was such a pretty, lovely girl, and I thanked my lucky stars she convinced her father to let me stay here.

I wondered, could this really be my home?

It wasn't ordinary, by all accounts.

There was a large group of staff and was always bustling with the arrival of new clients, but its atmosphere was relaxed and bubbling.

My initial impression when I stepped trough the late doors was that it would be a cold boring hotel, where it's rich customers would keep a stiff upper lip and look down on anyone who didn't wear designer clothes.

I was pleasantly surprised to serve such nice people, and hoped everyone would be as kind.

"2 to 3 weeks for their interviews and signings." Cara stated, clearly surprised.

They must've had plenty of money, considering it cost £300 a night. My mouth hung open.

"You sure? They must be pretty damn rich..."

Cara nodded, "I don't think you're aware of how rich they are."

I bit my lip - surely not. That must mean Cara's father was pretty rich, too, otherwise how would he be able to uphold a hotel of this calibre?

"It is odd, though. Most guests only stay a few nights." She shrugged, her eyes bright and pleased.

Cara walked across the room and to her cream vanity table, where she picked up her hairbrush and ran it through her hair.

I admired her, and tried to imagine what it would be like if Cara wasn't such a kind soul.

"I don't think I've thanked you enough, Cara. What you and your dad have done for me is an insane amount, don't think I don't appreciate it."

Cara looked at me from the mirror, "Mum and dad always told me to help those in need, and when I saw your cuts and bruises, I tried to put myself in your shoes. If I had no home, I'd hope someone would help me." She smiled and continued, "It also gets boring in this massive suite on my own."

I grinned at her but her face fell. "I don't really have that many close friends; I always invite them over but I don't think they like the fact that I live in a hotel."

I shrugged apologetically. "Do you like it? Living in a hotel, I mean." I added when she looked puzzled.

Cara turned to me after setting her brush back down. "You know what? Yeah, I do. Dad had been working in catering for a long time, ever since I was born, so I was always in and out of hotels. Then five years ago, dad moved us to premises near this hotel, and I fell in love with it. Mum works at the hospital further into the city, so I don't see her as much. As for my brother, he's studying law in Australia."

Oh, I'd assumed Cara didn't have a mum, but then remembered what her dad had said the night he found me on the tube.

"And you? What do you want to study?" I asked her, realising I'd missed out on so much education.