First Life

3rd POV (4 Days till death)

Onyix grew up with his older brother, Yato, and his dad, Quine. He was always very intelligent for his age, and he loved to try new things. He usually mastered stuff easily and loved to play with people of all ages. He was often considered as the neighborhood babysitter because of his ability to get along with almost anyone.

Of course, it wasn't always like this. When he was younger, he was constantly bullied by kids in school because they were either jealous or thought he was odd. This led to him being on the shy and antisocial side, but he was still him.

And now?

He's in his last year of high school because he refused to ever skip a grade. He wanted to stay with the people he was familiar with! Honestly, he is probably at college-level learning already. Yet here he is, sleeping in class because he pulled an all-nighter to finish writing his newest book.

Onyix POV

I had just turned my new book over to my publisher before school, and by the time I got to my class, it looked like I was sleepwalking. Not too unusual though. I mumbled my greetings to my classmates before passing out at my desk, not even taking off my backpack or jacket.

Time~Skip

I wake up with a jolt as a book harshly hits my desk next to my head.

"Onyix, please try to sleep more over the weekend so this doesn't happen again," My teacher said with a kind and pleading look in her eyes.

"Ah, sorry! I wanted to finish writing my new book last night, I'll try not to do it on a school night again," I explained to her.

She continued with Geometry class, and as always I got 100% of the questions correct. Since I was done, I decided to draw on my phone with her permission.

(I made this.)

Since it was Friday, the moment the bell rang, many kids jumped up and ran for the door. I decided to stick around to show my English teacher my newest book. We talked for a while before my brother texted saying he was here to pick me up. I quickly said goodbye before heading over to his truck.

"Hey, Lil bro! How was school? Also, your manager is quite happy with your new book! You gotta let me read it later by the way," Yato said happily.

"Ah, my day was ok. I told my teacher about my new book," I said as he started to drive. "Hey, Yato"? "Yeah"? "Can I go to the Lab' later"? "Only if I can come with you! Oh, by the way, dad's staying late today so we can buy di-", he started only to be cut off by me. "I'm cooking"!

(The lab is basically where he keeps all of his projects like technology art or books)

Sure it looked rundown, but I like places like this. I pulled out my newest book and gave it to my brother while I continued one of my projects. You see, I was trying to turn one of my books into a video game. So far, I was 89% done with it. Little did I know that this would put a target on my back soon.

Time~Skip

After I finished, I went back into our house to make some dinner. I made country-fried steak with mashed potatoes and brown gravy. "YATO! DINNER!". "COMING!".

When we were done, I put the leftovers up for dad later on.

"Hey, Onyix, when are you gonna release your game? Did you finish it," Yato asked? I thought for a moment before replying with, "I finished it, so I guess I could release it now"? He looked at me mouth agape. "Why didn't you say so earlier?! I wanna play it already"! I took a few minutes to calm him down before releasing the game to the public. He was quick to go to his room to play, too excited to wait till tomorrow. huh. oh well.

Me, being the kind of person I am, decided to relax on the roof while playing as well. You see, the game is of my most popular book called Z-Trials. It brings the zombie apocalypse into a different light. I somehow managed to enter the game before my brother and immediately started to go on a zombie killing spree to get points for the future.

In the next few minutes, many more people joined.

which meant many guild and friend requests.

I decided to just play on single-player for the rest of the time till I got too tired and had to go to bed. Not even out of high school and I'm already rich.

Just proves my nickname, I'm truly a Jack of all trades.