Assassination Classroom 24

Mio's POV

We were on the move to save Kuro-Sensei, jumping from roof to roof silently. I could see other classmates on the move as well. We were all prepared for our final mission of the assassination classroom. Break into the school and cure him before it's too late.

We made our way past the police line and onto the mountain. Not unnoticed though. We were quick to start taking down our enemies as we moved forward. They couldn't get a proper read on how many of us were here, but they knew it was more than one. We worked in squads to take them down.

I was in the sniper squad, but I was mobile. We were using stun darts to knock them out efficiently before tying them up on a tree. We were taking out their squads one by one, not leaving any of them behind.

We advanced to the last group soon after. Chiba aimed, but his stun dart only hit cloth. Miss. I jumped down and fired some more at him, giving the others a chance as he blocked them. They attacked and he managed to ward them all off until Nagisa appeared from above and used the stun clap, giving Karma the chance to take the soldier down.

We advanced to the dome of light, passing through easily. We quickly found Kuro-Sensei just on the inside. I left them to talk, opting to grab the cure. When I came back, Kuro-Sensei was being filled in on the prototype cure I made.

'Observe cure'

[The cure can return him to his human form, dispelling the antimatter inside him. While it is painless, it will take time to kick in. I suggest you give it to him now.]

I poured half of the vile into a cup and I handed it to Kuro-Sensei with a hopeful smile. "Here. It's our last chance, so it better work!", I stated. He smiled proudly before patting my head as he drank the liquid. "It might take a while to kick in, but it should work," I stated.

Kuro-Sensei then pointed out how Nakamura had been carrying herself so delicately and that he smelled something sweet on her. She admitted that today was technically his birthday, so we got him a strawberry cake. He looked at the treat in pure bliss with drool hanging on his mouth. We all sang happy birthday to him. 

Just as we were finishing the song, the cake was destroyed. The reaper stepped forward, head covered in tentacles. I took out the vile that had the other half of the cure. I would have to buy something to help up my speed I guess.

|[New Mission, Save the reaper]|

[Daily Spin, X10 stat pill]

{Good luck~!}

I quickly eat the pill and charge forward as fast as I can. Since the pill wouldn't last long, I had to hurry. I poured the liquid into his mouth before covering his nose and mouth to force him to swallow. His tentacles were swinging at me like crazy, but I held my ground. Only when he swallowed did I lose my grip and get flung off.

Kuro-Sensei was quick to engage in battle. All we needed was time at this point. At first, I could still make out all their moves, but as the pill wore off, things got blurry. It was too fast to see now. I could still tell that Kuro-Sensei was losing though. For every attack, the winds raged more. It got so bad that we could hardly see anything at this point unless we wanted dirt in our eyes.

Just when some of us were starting to despair, Kuro-Sensei started to deflect the attacks of the reaper. Not just deflecting, but dodging them. He must've learned the pattern! Throughout the battle, Kuro-Sensei has been talking to the reaper. He had talked about their time as student and teacher. As partners. 

He apologized for his lack of support. For being so strict. For never acknowledging him before. The reaper charged up an energy blast, sending it at us. Kuro-Sensei took the blow just as Karasuma and Irena showed up. 

We all shouted out in concern for him, but the reaper charged up another shot. Kuro-Sensei took it again. Another shot. Another strike on Kuro-Sensei. It just kept going off one after another, causing Kuro-Sensei to be stuck in the line of fire. 

Kuro-Sensei fell to the ground, throwing up blood. Just as the reaper was about to strike again, he fell to the ground. It seemed as though he couldn't move. Why? What's different?

Oh.

The cure.

It must be working two times faster since that's how he is with the tentacles. That means he'll become human! His tentacles started to wither away, leaving behind the passed-out body of the reaper. It was as though he was poison to them!

Karasuma handcuffed the reaper, shocked by what he just saw. I could hear some of the students muttering behind me, but I paid no mind. I was focused on Kuro-Sensei. Soon, I could hear them cheering, occasionally patting me on the back. Still, I paid no mind.

I walked forward and helped Kuro-Sensei sit up. He was already starting to take a more humanoid figure. The cure was starting to take effect! Just in time too, the beam would fire soon. I helped keep him up as a light surrounded him, the last phase of the cure. Once the light was gone, we were left with the human Kuro-Sensei, our unkillable teacher who always finds a way.

He took a moment in his oversized clothes to look at his hands. Yes, hands, not tentacles. He was human again! We brought everyone inside and I pulled out the snacks I kept stored in my desk, sharing them with everyone and giving Kuro-Sensei something sweet.

"Hey, Kuro-Sensei," I said, interrupting the celebration of the others. Once I was sure I had his attention, I continued. "You are gonna have a lot to talk about with your other student," I said, referring to the reaper. He agreed and left to the room the reaper was tied up in. 

In the morning, I found that I was laying my head on top of two overly sized books. One was the yearbook and the other was a copy of Kuro-Sensei's rules to live by. I yawned as I got up, seeing that everyone was there. Even the reaper and the teachers.

I guess the laser fired at some point, but it did not affect Kuro-Sensei thankfully. I decided to get some ingredients from the system shop to cook for everyone. I made pancakes with bacon and eggs, the smell waking up a good majority of them. Everyone was in a good mood, even the reaper who made up with Kuro-Sensei.

I'm glad I was able to change what would've happened. This is so much better.

[Mission complete! Mission complete! Mission complete!

Save or kill Kuro-Sensei, Save the reaper, Enjoy this life,

+150 Points

+75,000 SP

+500,000 $

+25 LV.

Congratulations! You have reached level one hundred! You can now gain soul points! Soul points will help you gain second chances in the future, even allowing you to go back to your original world. You can only gain these points when you reach a one hundred level marker in each world.]

We were still given the reward money since we technically got rid of the target, but I either donated mine to charity or gave it to Kuro-Sensei. Of course, I still kept some for myself as well. The others returned most of it to the government.

We graduated and eventually graduated from our choice colleges too. Kuro-Sensei was traveling the world, occasionally visiting us. Nagisa took over the old campus and became a teacher there. I became a professional assassin and writer. Karma became a bureaucrat just like he wanted.

Karma and I are still together as a couple too. I managed to get Nagisa and Kayano together along with Karma and Nakamura. The reaper helps teach me now and again too. I wonder what will happen next?