Assassination Classroom 20

Mio's POV

15/20 pieces today. That's three quarters of the cure done. Things are gonna start getting serious soon. Everyone was talking about the drama festival from yesterday. As this was happening, Kayano called Nagisa away from the class. I followed at a distance. They went to a shed to clean up beads from the play. "Need an extra hand?", I asked. "Mio?! When did you get here?", Kayano asked. "I followed you," I replied honestly. "I think we could use all the help we can get," Nagisa said. I nodded before getting to work.

Kayano explained how this happened as we worked. Soon after, Kuro-Sensei came in. I ignored them, opting to keep working while keeping an eye on Kayano. While we were all working, Kuro-Sensei found another of Okajima's porn stash. When Kayano thought no one was paying attention, she brought out her tentacles. I quickly grabbed Nagisa and pulled him to the door.

By the time he realised what was going on, Kayano knocked Kuro-Sensei into a huge pitfall. Not even a minute later, Kuro-Sensei burst out of the ground. Everyone had gathered to see what was happening. Kayano burst out not long after sensei, landing on the roof.

She explained who she really was and that sensei was a murderer. Everyone was shocked by both of these facts. She then said that they would face off tomorrow, her giving the coordinates. She then used her tentacles to leave, leaving everyone still in a daze.

As the students started talking, they found that she used to be an amazing actor before she left the business. She was all we could talk about for the rest of the day. Until a student asked why she called him a murderer. Kuro-Sensei said he would tell us his past after we found Kayano. Just after he said this, his phone buzzed. 

Kayano had messaged him the coordinates. We all went to the field as a class. It would be a stand off against student and teacher. After the usual talk, she set her tentacles on fire. She made a ring of fire around herself and Kueo-Sensei.

The battle started with Kayano on the offensive and Kuro-Sensei on defence.  She managed to rip off a tentacle quickly, her eyes red from the tentacle usage. In another few minutes, she'll die if she doesn't stop. I want to help her!

[New mission, Stall Kayano]

As the fight continued, I whispered to Nagisa. "When you get the chance, please help tone down her bloodlust. I suggest the kiss of death," I said as I stepped forward. Some of the students tried to keep me back, but I dodged them easily. I went unnoticed by Kayano as I jumped over the flames. 

'If there's an enhancement pill, buy it please.'

[Enhanced stats pill, -1500 SP. X3 to all stats for three minutes. After the three minutes, stats will be halved for thirty minutes]

I quickly eat the pill, feeling stronger than ever before. I charge forward, leaping up to Kayano. She noticed me and tried to hit me down with her tentacle, but I dodged the flames. I grabbed onto the normal part of the tentacle and swung her down. Kuro-Sensei helped me restrain her immediately. As she was struggling, Nagisa stepped forward. Once he was close enough, his lips landed on hers. His eyes were open, staring at her as he deepened the kiss. She ended up passing out, giving Kuro-Sensei the chance to remove the tentacles.

[Mission complete, Stall Kayano

+2,500 SP

+1,500 $

1/20 cure piece

You now have 16/20 pieces of the cure]

After he removed them, the class crowded around asking questions. The pill I took started to wear off, leaving me much weaker. Karma came over, letting me lean on his shoulder. I ignored everyone around me, trying to stabilize myself from the sudden change. Nakamura and Karma started making fun of Nagisa for the kiss as I layed on the ground.

Shiro tried to shoot Kuro-Sensei, but he dodged. While he was talking, he took off his mask. I was reminded of my mission to kill Shiro. Should I do it now? If I do, there's a chance the reaper will be able to talk things through with Kuro-Sensei.

'Give me that last resort and pail nullification pill.'

[Okay]

|[Yes! Do it! Kill him!!!!]|

{Someone's excited~!}

I take both the pills. Immediately, I feel like I just went boss mode. Just as they were about to leave, I charged forward. Everything around me was moving so slow! I could think so much faster and more efficiently too!

'Pull out knife from storage'

[Okay]

I take the knife and dodge '2.0'. I slit Shiro's throat in the blink of an eye. It was such a clean cut that it took a second before blood came gushing out. He dropped down, gurgling and choking on his own blood as he collapsed. It was the only sound to be heard. Even '2.0' was stunned.

Kuro-Sensei made his way next to me quickly, but I could see his every movement even in mach 20. "M-Mio?", He stuttered out. "I know who he is. I know what he's done. He deserved far worse than this," I stated in a cold voice, glaring at his limp body that was drenched in blood.

'2.0' was quick to leave, taking the body with him. I watched him go as Kuro-Sensei put a tentacle lightly on my arm. We heard Kayano start to wake up. "You should check on her. I'm going home," I stated. "Wait. We need to talk about this later. For now, please stick around to hear my past," He said in a serious voice. I nodded, walking back to the group. I ignored the stares, opting to listen to the notification.

|[Mission complete, Kill Shiro.

+15,000 SP

+100,000 $

+10 skill scroll (x5)

+1/20 cure piece (Now has 17/20)

+Free skill

Please select new skill. Hunting, Farming, Basic Magic, Survival Skills, Blacksmith]

'Survival Skills'

When I focused back on reality, everyone was focused on Nagisa talking. I also noticed that Karma was next to me, sparing a glance now and again. Kuro-Sensei started to tell his life story. He used to be the assassin known as the reaper, and either way, in march, he's doomed. He talked about his childhood, his protege, his capture, and his time in containment. He told us about the moon, his escape, and Aguri's death.

He finished his story off by saying how the assassination classroom came to be. By the time he was done, it seemed everyone had forgotten what i had done. They were too lost in thought about our mission to kill him.

Over the next few weeks, no one had it in themselves to try to kill him. Everyone was visiting Kayano in the hospital but me. I didn't want to scare them. I was the first of the students to kill someone after all. Even I was scared of myself. Wouldn't you be if you felt nothing when you killed? No remorse. No regret. No fear. Nothing.

I've been more secluded, only talking to Karma. He's been helping me get through this so far, but what if he is scared too? It hurts to think about it. I hope that I didn't just mess everything up between us, or the rest of the class entirely. Still, he deserved it. He was cruel, manipulative, and abusive. He got what he deserved.

Still, was it the right choice?