2

Natalia had spent the entire day avoiding Tomás and the popular crowd

Natalia had spent the entire day avoiding Tomás and the popular crowd. She used her free time to study for her exams.

After school Natalia arrived home and she saw her mother in her office. She lightly knocked on the door and Paulina looked up with a smile. "Come in, cariño."

Natalia walked in and closed the door "Where's Savanna?" Paulina closed her computer and took off her glasses "Out with your father. I think that they went to the cinema." Natalia nodded and sat down in front of her mother "Did I tell you about Marina's party tonight?"

Paulina smiled "Yeah, I think you told me a couple of days ago. Why? Don't you want to go anymore?" Natalia's eyes widened "No, I was just asking. I'm gonna have some food and then I'll head over to hers."

Paulina frowned at the girl in front of her "Is everything okay?" Natalia looked down and sighed "Tomás and I aren't talking right now." Paulina gently grabbed Natalia's hand "What did he do?"

Natalia stuttered "I-it's just that we don't always agree with each other on certain occasions...which then cause arguments. It's fine, I'll get over it eventually."

Paulina smiled "That sounds like your father and I. We weren't that compatible when we first met. He was handsome and charming. That's what drew me to him in the first place, but it's also why we're not together anymore...and I'm sure you are deeply in love with Tomás. So, don't worry. He'll come around eventually, sweetie."

Natalia nodded and stood up "I should start getting ready." She began to walk away from the office until she heard a faint knock on the door. Paulina stood up "Hello?" The door opened and a handsome man appeared next to it. The man walked towards her desk "I've got your papers here, Paulina."

The man then looked at Natalia and smiled "You must be, Talia. Your mother's told me so much about you and your sister." Natalia nodded "Yeah, that's me. Who are you?"

The man placed the papers onto Paulina's desk and put his hand out "I'm Joaquin. Joaquin Romero. I'm your mother's client." Natalia shook his hand "Well, it's a pleasure to meet you." The two shook hands for what felt like forever until Natalia let go and began to leave "I'll see you later, mamá."

***

Natalia felt a presence behind her as she poured a glass of champagne on the table. She turned around and her eyes widened when she saw Tomás looking at her with a frown on his face. "What do you want?"

Tomás grabbed Natalia's hand "Listen, I'm so sorry for what happened the other day. I was angry because I had an argument with my parents the day before and I took it out on you."

Natalia smiled slightly "It's okay. I understand." Natalia could sense that Tomás was genuinely sorry as she noticed that his cheeks were stained from tears. She brought her hand up to his face and leaned in for a kiss.

He wrapped his arms around her waist as the two continued to passionately make out. The two pulled away yet Tomás wasn't satisfied. He then began to kiss Natalia's neck causing her to push him off of her in shock. "Not now."

Tomás smirked "Well, when? We haven't exactly been around each other for a while." Natalia frowned "It's been two days." Tomás nodded "Exactly!" Natalia rolled her eyes and walked towards the dance floor where everyone else was. Tomás quickly followed after her.

The two then continued to dance with the rest the Las Encinas students. Tomás' arms were wrapped around Natalia's waist as her back was facing him.

Everyone was finally happy until Ander decided to throw up on Lu's dress. Natalia put her hands over her mouth and looked away in disgust.

Natalia looked up at Tomás "I'll be right back." He nodded and she immediately walked over to Ander and grabbed his hand. "Come on! Let's get you cleaned up."

Natalia felt like she was dragging a heavy suitcase as she pulled Ander towards the bathroom that was way too far. Natalia's eyes lit up when she saw it and opened the door.

Ander ran into the bathroom and began to be sick into one of the cubicles. Natalia went towards the sink and tried to take her mind off of the noises that Ander was making.

Ander finally stood up lazily and Natalia rushed towards him, holding him up. "Let's clean your face a little." Ander nodded and walked over to the sink. He sat down on a nearby stool and Natalia wetted a cloth with cold water.

She placed the cloth on Ander's mouth and he giggled "Hey, you have a boyfriend, Talia. I'm not helping you cheat on him." Natalia rolled her eyes and continued to wipe the sick that remained on his mouth.

Ander got bored and then walked out of the room in a hurry. Natalia sighed and put the cloth in the sink. She took out her red lipstick and put it on carefully in the mirror. She began to feel exhausted and so she left the bathroom and walked outside.

When she walked out of the door, she saw Marina staring at her brother who was shouting at Samuel. "What's going on?" Marina didn't answer, instead she watched as an older boy in a leather jacket walked over to Guzmán "What's going on here?"

Guzmán looked at him with disgust "And who are you. Unbelievable, the riffraff we have here tonight!" The older boy smirked "Should I take that as a compliment or punch you?"

Guzmán shrugged "Take it as you will." Samuel tried to move the man but he demanded that they stay there "I won't let this prep boy insult us." Guzmán shook his head "I'm not insulting you, just stating the facts."

The older boy stepped closer to Guzmán "One question. What do you call people that keep millions that don't belong to them so they can live the way you do? Thieves or simply bastards?"

Suddenly the boy pushed Guzmán back causing him to raise his voice even more "How dare you come to this house to insult me and my family? Who do you think you are, fucking clown?" Guzmán aimed to punch the boy but he quickly slapped him back.

Guzmán fell but Polo was there to catch him. The older boy looked at the crowd that formed because of the commotion "You don't deserve my brother! Shove your money up your asses!"

Samuel and his brother quickly walked out of the house but Guzmán wasn't finished "You! Hey! You are finished! Tomorrow, everyone at school will know you are a fucking criminal! Forget about your scholarship!"

Natalia's outfit: