19

Natalia slowly walked to her class with her head down and felt a hand over her shoulder "I had fun last night

Natalia slowly walked to her class with her head down and felt a hand over her shoulder "I had fun last night."

She looked up at Valerio's smiling face and scoffed "I drank so much I barely remember it." Valerio laughed "Me neither, but I remember that beautiful dress you wore."

Natalia playfully rolled her eyes and the two entered the class. Natalia walked over to Polo.

He smiled slightly at her and turned to Guzmán "Guzmán! Let us know next time you're going out, you bastard."

Guzmán laughed and Polo turned back to the front when the teacher walked in "Good morning, class. Open your books, please."

Natalia's focus was on the class and she watched as the teacher explained the lesson.

However, Natalia's focus was changed when she noticed Polo staring outside of the corridor. Natalia turned to where he was looking and saw a familiar man standing on his own. It was Nano. In the flesh.

Guzmán suddenly stood up and charged towards the door. Ander and Valerio held him back as he cursed him. Guzmán broke free from the boys and ran out to the hallway.

Samuel managed to reach his brother before Guzmán did. The boys got ahold of Guzmán again and he spat at Nano "I'm going to smash your face in!"

Nano pointed at Guzmán "Your sister was the most important person in my life. For real, we were going to have a kid together! I would've never hurt her! Never!"

Guzmán pushed forward "Shut up!" Samuel pushed Nano back but he wasn't finished "I know it's easy to blame me, but worry about your so-called friends. They are laughing at you."

Guzmán continued to shout at Nano "Nano! If you come anywhere near me or them again, I'll kill you!" Samuel pushed him into the changing rooms.

Guzmán was dragged back into the classroom and eventually relaxed in his chair after a few minutes.

Soon enough Azucena walked into the classroom and looked at the students that were scattered across the classroom.

Lu looked scared "That thug walked right in here as if he owned the place." Azucena sighed "I know, and I'm sorry that it happened." Lu's eyes widened "But it happened anyway."

The door suddenly opened and Azucena looked at it "Samuel. Come in, please." Samuel closed the door and slowly walked to his seat.

Lu scowled at him "Let's hope you have the dog well tied up." Azucena gave her a stern look "Lucrecia! That person is innocent until proven guilty."

Guzmán had a blank expression on his face "Or until he kills someone else." Cayetana crossed her arms "Shouldn't there be a restraining order against him?"

Rebeca rolled her eyes "God! He just came here to tell you a few home truths. You need to hear them every now and then. He didn't slash anyone up."

Lu smirked "The thugs look out for one other. Why not give him a slap on the back?" Rebeca frowned "You could do with a good slap."

Cayetana shook her head at Rebeca "Showing your vulgarity doesn't make you right."

Rebeca pointed to her head "What did you say, blondie? I didn't hear you well." Azucena spoke up "All right, that's enough! Sit down."

***

Rebeca and Natalia were sat in the bathroom smoking cigarettes. "Did you know Nano?"

Natalia shrugged "Not really, we met at a party once. He seemed nice. Not capable of murder at least."

Natalia took a blow of her cigarette and Rebeca was about to talk until her phone pinged.

She picked up the phone and saw an invitation to her own party sent by her mother "Son of a bitch."

Natalia frowned "something wrong?" Rebeca looked up "check your phone."

Natalia looked confused and reached into her pocket she pulled out her phone and saw a message from Rebeca's mother.

Natalia laughed "Your mother's very eager for you to make friends, right?" Rebeca rested her head on the wall "I can't believe she did that. And she invited the whole school too. Are you gonna go or what?"

Natalia nodded "Of course I will. Someone has to protect you from the snobby, rich kids that are going to attend it."

Rebeca laughed "Thank god I don't have to face them on my own." Natalia put out her cigarette "What am I even gonna wear?" Rebeca smirked "Maybe you should match with your boyfriend."

Natalia rolled her eyes "He's not my boyfriend. Besides, he'll probably ask me a hundred times what I'm wearing and I won't tell him."

Rebeca put out her cigarette and gestured towards the door "Let's go. I'm sure everyone has seen that message by now and I don't want to face those judgemental looks on my own."

Natalia smiled and walked out of the bathroom with Rebeca by her side.

***

Valerio looked at his phone and Rebeca turned to him "It has nothing to do with me. The last thing I want is to make them aware that I exist. It was my mother attempting to get me to make friends."

Valerio put his phone down and yawned. Rebeca scoffed "Look at that face."

Lu turned around and walked over to them "That face...it's the same face every day. Right, little brother? That's what that shit does to you. You're on a high one night and then the comedown lasts for days."

Rebeca huffed "Don't listen to her. Come to my party and get right back on it."

Valerio laughed uncontrollably and Lu smirked at Rebeca "I think it's ludicrous that your mom sent us a text to invite us all and that she misspelled 'Halloween'"

Rebeca stood up "You're so right, babe. That's why I think it's no place for you two Barbies."

Lu sighed sarcastically "What a pity. We've already confirmed. Don't frown...don't raise your eyebrow...or you'll get all wrinkled and need Botox."

Rebeca frowned "It's a bit early for you to be acting like a witch. The party hasn't started yet."

Cayetana shook her head "And you don't need to be acting like a thug, all vulgar. You won't make any friends like that. Even if you threw parties every night."

Rebeca was about to shout at her until Nadia cut in "Rebe, that's enough." Rebeca walked over to Nadia "Saved by the bell."

Cayetana and Lu fooled around and pretended to look scared. Natalia rolled her eyes at their childish behaviour and leaned back in her chair.

Valerio leaned forward "Are you going?" Natali looked at him "Of course." Valerio smiled "What are you gonna go as?"

Natalia shrugged "You'll have to wait and see." She leaned forward and grabbed her bag. Natalia then strutted out of the classroom.