37

Natalia sat down on the sofa and huffed causing Lu to laugh "I've never seen you so hungover before

Natalia sat down on the sofa and huffed causing Lu to laugh "I've never seen you so hungover before."

Natalia shrugged "Meet the worst version of me, Lu. The one who can't be bothered to move a muscle or talk to anyone."

Lu rolled her eyes playfully "Whatever."

Natalia then heard a loud sound outside and immediately stood up to see Valerio being punched in the face by Polo.

She grabbed her bag and quickly ran towards them.

Samuel and Guzmán were in front of her and Samuel punched Polo in the face causing him to fall on his back.

Rebeca and Guzmán tried to pull Samuel off of Polo as he continued to punch him and Natalia went straight over to Valerio and touched his face worriedly.

"What's going on?" Valerio pulled Natalia's arm off of his cheek "Don't worry about it."

Natalia frowned and was even more shocked when Valerio crouched down to Polo who was now separated from Samuel.

Natalia turned to see Samuel throwing his arm from Rebeca and she dropped what looked like drugs.

Rebeca looked down at them and her face froze when Azucena opened the door to see them laying on the floor and Polo barely able to stand up.

Natalia sighed in annoyance and realised that the teenagers were going to have to face many consequences for this.

Azucena called Valerio, Rebeca, Guzmán and Samuel into her office and Natalia took that as her cue to walk back into the study room.

She sat down patiently on the sofa and chewed her nails.

She spent most of the time waiting for someone to come out of the office but nothing happened.

She knew that something bad was approaching when she saw Polo's mother going into the office just before the other teenagers.

Natalia decided to go to class and wait for further instructions. She was sitting next to Nadia and decided sit down again.

After a while, Samuel stormed into the classroom with Guzmán following him and he immediately aimed for Polo.

Cayetana noticed this and stood in front of him defensively "What are you doing? Stop."

Guzmán wrapped his arms around him to stop him from attacking Polo and Nadia stood up "That's enough violence, okay?"

Samuel fought against Guzmán and looked at Nadia angrily "Are you defending him?" Nadia answered in the same angry tone

"Yes! He said he didn't accuse you two of anything." Samuel calmed down a little bit continued to glare at Nadia "And you believe him?"

Nadia didn't answer and Samuel broke free from Guzmán.

He then walked over to Nadia and got in her face "You're doing this so you won't feel bad about accepting the grant. You'll accept it no matter what, even if it means taking his side."

Samuel walked out of the classroom and Natalia looked at Nadia with shock.

She didn't expect Nadia to defend Polo so easily. Natalia looked outside of the room and saw Valerio slowly walking down the hallway with his head down.

She stood up and quickly caught up to him outside. Natalia grabbed his hand and dragged him into the girls' bathroom.

She saw two girls at the sink and she crossed her arms "Scram!" The two girls looked at each other and scurried out of the room.

Valerio sighed and pressed his hands on the sink, looking at himself in the mirror.

Natalia huffed "You told me you were gonna stop with this shit."

Valerio looked at her through the mirror "I did, okay? I did! But Rebeca sold to Carla and I was told that Polo showed up to the party and watched Carla overdose in the pool."

Natalia's eyes widened "Carla overdosed? Holy shit." Valerio scoffed "Yeah, holy shit."

He then walked up to Natalia and he caressed her cheek "I'm done with this shit now. I'm doing this for you. Me and you."

Natalia smiled and kissed Valerio softly on his lips. He looked at her with a smirk "Your smile. It's beautiful."

Natalia looked down and blushed, causing Valerio to laugh.

He then connected their hands and he gestured towards the door "Let's go back outside, gorgeous. Just to keep our minds off of everything that's going on."

Natalia nodded but then looked at him questioningly "What did Azucena say?"

Valerio stared at Natalia blankly and then coughed uncomfortably "I'm finished at this school. We were all expelled."

Natalia put her hands on her face "Shit!" Valerio played with her hair "Don't worry about it. I'll get a job or something and then I can afford to have a life with you."

Natalia looked at him with sadness "This isn't good, Valerio. I don't want this for you. I don't want this for anyone."

Valerio scowled as he looked at the door "You know I think the only reason that happened was because Polo's mother walked into the office just before we did."

Natalia dropped her arms and shook her head "That fucking bitch. I hope one day she gets what's coming for her. I hope they both do."

Valerio didn't catch her eyes when she spoke about Polo and her mother as their was a part of him that still cared for the boy.

Natalia then walked out of the room and into the crowded hallway.