39

Natalia was drunk

Natalia was drunk. She needed to keep her mind off of Polo and so she was currently dancing on her own on the dance floor.

Valerio was sat watching her from afar and he debated on whether to walk over to her and tell her to sit down.

Natalia stumbled over to the stairs and could barely walk up them.

This caused Valerio to run up to her and he wrapped his arm around her waist to steady her.

Natalia looked at the boy and rolled her eyes "Get off of me."

She tried to push him off of her but she was too weak.

Valerio frowned at the girl "What's going on with you?"

Natalia stopped pushing him and she slurred her words "I'm having fun. Let me have fun."

Valerio walked up the steps with Natalia and he then wrapped both of his hands around her waist as she pressed her front against him.

Valerio kissed her softly and she smiled "I love you."

Valerio caressed her cheek and smirked "I love you too, gorgeous."

Natalia then looked behind Valerio and noticed Samuel and Carla staring at the stairs of the party and she looked over to where they were staring.

Valerio noticed Natalia's face drop and he looked over to the stairs to see someone they didn't expect to see that night. Polo.

He slowly ascended down the stairs and Natalia scowled as he did so.

She noticed Valerio stiffen as he also glared at Polo and Natalia caressed his arm trying to calm him down.

Natalia didn't want Polo to ruin the night and so she grabbed Valerio's face and pecked him.

Valerio immediately responded and he looked behind her to lock eyes with Polo "He got the balls to come here?"

Natalia touched his shoulder "Forget him, please, Valerio. Ok, it's not worth it."

Natalia kissed him again and smiled "I'm gonna go and get another drink."

Valerio immediately diverted his attention to the girl and he shook his head "I don't think so. If it's water then yes."

Natalia tried not to smile "You're lucky I love you." She then saw Polo walking over to Cayetana and Valerio also noticed this.

He kissed her on the cheek "I'll be back, okay?" Natalia nodded and he walked over to Cayetana.

Natalia stood behind and watched the two speak before Polo walked over to the pair and he looked at Cayetana.

She then felt someone grab her arm and looked as Ander smiled at her "Hey, you. How are you doing?"

Natalia sighed "I was doing great until your psycho friend arrived." Ander looked down "Don't worry about him. Just focus on yourself, okay?"

Natalia nodded and Ander scratched his head "How much have you drank? You seem all over the place."

Natalia shrugged "I lost count. I think I deserve it."

Ander touched her shoulder "Maybe slow down a little, okay?" Natalia rolled her eyes playfully "Okay, dad."

Ander then walked down the steps and Natalia saw Valerio walking back up to her with a fake smile on his face "Wanna dance?"

Natalia nodded and he led her over to the dance floor.

The two spent 10 minutes dancing with each other until Valerio decided to walk over to the bar.

Natalia continued to dance on her own and she then saw Valerio speaking to Cayetana who was caressing his arm.

She frowned at the sight and she then saw Polo walking up to her. Natalia tried to turn away quickly but he grabbed her arm making her face him.

Natalia pushed his chest "Don't touch me again." Polo let go of him and he looked down "I'm sorry. I only want to talk to you."

Natalia walked up to him and their faces were inches apart "If you go anywhere near me again...I'll kill you, got it?"

Polo stared blankly at her and she walked away.

She carefully walked over to the bar and sat down in front of the waiter "Can you get me a glass of your strongest wine."

The waiter nodded and walked away to make her drink.

She played with her fingers and then she watched as Valerio hit the counter a couple of seats away from her and he shouted at the waiter.

"Glasses!" Lu then stole his bottle and walked off.

Natalia's attention was brought back to the waiter who walked up to her and placed a drink in front of her.

She smiled at the man and pulled out her phone to pay but he put his hand up "There's no need. You just graduated."

Natalia thanked the man and picked up her glass. She walked away from the counter and then walked over to Valerio.

She tapped on his shoulder and he snapped his head towards her. He looked down at her glass and rolled his eyes "You're drinking again?"

Natalia scowled at him and nodded towards Cayetana "You're talking to her again?"

Cayetana shared a look with Valerio and she immediately walked off. Valerio sighed "You don't have to worry about it anymore. I'm done with her."

Natalia laughed "Could of fooled me. You've been spending more time with her than with me. I thought we were gonna try and make this work again. Do you not want this?"

Valerio scoffed and touched her shoulder "Of course I do. Why would you even ask that. Ever since I came back you are the only thing that's been on my mind. I love you. And I won't ever jeopardise that."

Natalia smirked and kissed him on the cheek "Good. Can I have a kiss?" Valerio chuckled "Of course."
MThe two passionately made out and Valerio could sense Polo's eyes on them from the other side of the bar.

He pulled away after a few seconds and met his eyes.

Natalia also looked at him but decided to glance away. She played with Valerio's hair as he stared at him.

Natalia grabbed his chin and made him look at her "Let him be. He'll surely leave soon. He knows he's not wanted here. Let's dance."

She grabbed his hand and dragged him towards the dance floor.

Natalia wrapped her hands around Valerio's arms and he did so around her waist.

She rested her head on his chest and the two slowly swayed to the music.

Both of them felt peacefully that moment and they both danced like that for a while. She suddenly let him go when a loud smash came from upstairs.

She looked up and saw Polo falling from the top. Natalia screamed and her eyes widened with shock.

Valerio shared the same impression and he immediately ran over to the boy that had landed on the floor on his back.

Natalia couldn't bare to see a dead body and so she started to walk backwards and felt tears running down her face. Polo was now dead.