32

Azucena knocked on the classroom door

"Excuse me. Rebeca, come out here for a moment, please. Come with me." Rebeca stood up as Azucena led her out of the room.

Natalia could hear muffled noises coming from the outside but couldn't make out what they were saying.

She knew that Rebeca was starting to get angry when she raised her voice "No. Kick me out. Let the whole fucking school know. Let everyone and their mother know that when a rich kid's dad went to jail, he didn't get kicked out!"

Samuel then ran out of the classroom and walked over to Azucena "What's going on?" She immediately looked sternly at him "Go back to class, Samuel."

He stood still and Rebeca continued to shout "Let fucking everyone know
that I'm getting kicked out!"

One by one each student walked outside and Azucena tried to make them go inside as Rebeca's voice got louder

"But if your moms fund a scholarship, you don't get expelled, even if you're a fucking murderer!"

Samuel spoke up "You can't expel her." Azucena stepped back "We're not. It's voluntary."

Samuel walked over to the other side of Rebeca and looked at Azucena "I'm leaving too, then. If she leaves, I leave." Guzmán was next to talk "Me too."

Azucena looked at the boys in shock but was even more shocked when her son spoke up "And me."

Nadia was next "Me too." Natalia crossed her arms as she stood next to Guzmán "Me as well." She could feel Rebeca's thankful gaze on her but kept her focus on Azucena.

Suddenly Valerio ran out into the corridor and stood next to Rebeca "And me too, okay?"

He looked at the students next to him with confusion "What's going on?" Azucena sighed and looked back to Rebeca.

"I'll try to talk to the board, okay? Now, go back to class, please." Every student walked back into class feeling proud of themselves.

***

The room was filled with bright lights and loud music as Natalia walked into Lu's house with a bottle of red wine in her hand.

She saw Lu talking to Guzmán and walked over to them.

Lu smiled at the girl as she stood next to them "You look gorgeous, Natalia." She handed Lu the bottle "You do too."

Lu walked over to the drinks table and Guzmán looked at the girl "You should wear suits more often."

Natalia put her hand on her chest "Are you flirting with me?"