40

Natalia sat with her head in her hands next to Ander who was caressing her back

She had just witnessed Polo die in the middle of the dance floor and none of the teenagers were taking it well.

Valerio was hugging Cayetana across from her but she decided to leave the two, knowing that Cayetana was hurting.

Natalia's cheeks were stained with tears as she rubbed her face.

She had found out that Lu had accidentally stabbed Polo with a bottleneck causing him to fall uncontrollably through the glass and onto the floor.

The group of teenagers were sitting around and waiting for the police to arrive. Lu looked at her friends "I didn't mean to. I didn't."

Ander decided to stand up and Carla looked down at Lu sadly "It was an accident, Lu."

Lu sighed "It was my fault." Valerio and Cayetana then joined the group causing Natalia to look up.

Nadia looked at Lu reassuringly "We'll say it was an accident." Valerio shook his head "No one will believe that. Everyone saw her throw a drink in his face."

Nadia scoffed "But its the truth!" Samuel kept his head down but spoke up "The police don't want the truth. They want to close the case, find someone to blame, and lock them up for 20 or 30 years."

Guzmán sighed "We don't have a choice."

Samuel nodded "Yes, we do. We can put an end to this nightmare once and for all. We've all suffered enough. Too many lives have been shattered. We'll work out of here together, free. And we'll leave this shit behind us forever."

Ander looked at Samuel "Her fingerprints are on the bottles."

Valerio shrugged "We could break it." Omar stepped forward "Not here. The noise would give us away."

Cayetana look at the group of people with disbelief "Are you guys for real?"

Valerio then thought of an idea "What if there are other fingerprints? What if they found all of our fingerprints on it?"

Carla shrugged "It would be the same as not finding any."

She then looked at Lu "Polo did something horrible...but he wasn't a murderer and neither are you, Lu. He wouldn't want you to waste your life paying for one mistake."

Carla then reached into her bag and pulled out the bloody bottleneck. Natalia stood up and so did Lu and Nadia.

The group huddled into a circle and Samuel walked to stand in front of Carla.

He looked at her for a moment and then took the bottleneck from her.

The group then passed the object around until Omar held onto it for a moment longer when Guzmán's eyes caught with Nadia who was about to take it.