26

The winter break was long

The winter break was long. Natalia had spent the most of it sitting in her room thinking about Polo.

She was trying to piece together what happened the night of Marina's death and couldn't possibly figure out why he would kill her.

It was the first day of school in the new year and Natalia felt like she didn't have to worry about everything anymore.

She could finally be at piece with Marina's death. She hoped that was the case for Samuel and Guzmán as well.

Lu had previously text her the night before to tell her that her brother had left to go to Chile.

Natalia could barely sleep at the thought that he had once again left her.

Valerio had always told her that he didn't feel like he fit in with the rest of the family and Natalia always related to that.

As for her and Ander, the two hadn't spoken a word to each other, despite him trying to phone her everyday to talk.

Natalia was too upset to deal with him after finding out that he knew who Marina's killer was all along.

Natalia wanted to forgive him but was too stubborn to do so.

The last few days were crazy for Natalia's house.

Her mother had spent most of her time arguing with her ex-husband on the phone about Savanna.

Even though Natalia wasn't fond of the constant fighting, she wished that the two could have argued about her just once.

But no, they never did. Joaquin was still living in the house.

Natalia hadn't had a conversation with him for weeks. She didn't feel the need to.

The man had confessed his feelings to Natalia, and yet he still felt tense.

Maybe he was worried that Natalia might say something to her mother because the two had a rocky relationship.

Natalia walked into the school entrance and hurried past all of the remaining students.

She smiled when she stepped down the stairs and saw Rebeca leaning on the wall, chewing a piece of gum. The brunette stood up and smirked "Hola, princesa."

Natalia smiled "Happy new year!" Rebeca nodded "And to you two." Natalia looked behind Rebeca and saw Ander staring at her.

The girl quickly looked away and kept her head down. Rebeca noticed the girls odd behaviour and looked at Ander. The boy looked away and Rebeca sighed.

She turned back to Natalia "You two still aren't talking? When are you gonna out that behind you?"

Natalia looked up "He knew who killed my best friend and didn't say anything. How can I forgive him, Rebeca?"