31

"Valentine's Day is going to be very different this year

"Valentine's Day is going to be very different this year. I'll be planning it."

Lu started handing out the invitations to her party and Carla frowned when she read it "'Reverse Valentine's'?"

Lu smiled and continued to hand out the rest of the invitations "That's right. Oh, please. Let's be honest. It's become a boring, cheesy, and old-fashioned tradition. The flowers, the chocolate, the colors...And we girls are objectified."

Lu handed an invitation to Natalia who was listening intently "We spend hours at the salon
to look good for the guys. All that's over now. I had this great idea that the roles should be reversed this time. The guys will be the ones
who show some skin...and the girls will get dressed up in elegant tuxedos...penguin suits, if you will."

Carla looked at the girl "Bring your own drinks?" Lu walked over to her with a grin "Yes, darling. The roles are reversed. Guests bring their own drinks and food. And I, the hostess and queen of the night, will just enjoy myself."

She then looked over to Cayetana who was sitting next to Polo "That way, we'll prevent lowlifes from thinking this is an NGO
and taking stuff home."

Cayetana started speaking to Polo quietly and Natalia started to properly read the invitation.

She wasn't a fan of suits but was willing to play along with the 'Reverse Valentine' theme. She then put the invitation in her bag.

Natalia sat back in her chair and realised that this would be one of the first Valentine's Day in a while that she would be spending without a boy in her life.

Her notice was then taken when Valerio pulled up a chair next to Polo and Cayetana "Ugh. Don't mind her. Are you guys coming to the party?"

Guzmán spoke for them "No, they're not." Valerio scoffed "Oh, the party's at your house now?"

Guzmán scowled at him "No, and it's not at yours, either. You got kicked out for using, I guess."

Valerio then played with his fingers "Since when do you have something against drugs, Guzmán? Remember, you used to beg me for them."

Guzmán fought back "I have something against traitors...and murderers. Why are you defending them?"

Valerio was about to speak against until Polo cut him off "Enough, Valerio, please."

Natalia rolled her eyes and stood up with her bag on her shoulder. She left the room and saw Ander sitting on his own.

He looked up from his phone and smiled at Natalia. She hesitantly smiled back and then walked away.

***

Natalia was home alone and was currently sitting on her bed, revising for her exam on her computer.

She then heard a loud bang downstairs and her started beating faster. Natalia was the brave type and so she stood up and put her slippers on.

She opened her bedroom door and slowly ascended down the stairs.

She quietly walked to the kitchen and she rolled her eyes when she then saw her ex boyfriend sitting on the counter stuffing his face with her popcorn from the cupboard.

"What the hell are you doing here? You scared me." Valerio started to chew loudly "Hey, gorgeous. Are you home alone?"

Natalia nodded "Yes, asshole!"   Valerio put the bag down and smiled "Sorry, I wanted to be mysterious. Did you get my message?"

Natalia shook her head "No, my phone was off." Valerio looked at Natalia's pyjamas and smirked "Don't you look beautiful."

Natalia pointed to the popcorn "Why are you eating my shit? I was saving them for a movie."

He then walked past Natalia "I was bored so I wanted to chill with you."

Natalia scoffed "Are you tired of Samuel already?"

Valerio ignored her and she watched him walk up the stairs, presumably to her room and so she quickly followed after him.

She opened her door and Valerio was laying on her bed. She sat down next to him and she crossed her arms "What do you want?"

He looked at her "Are you going to Lu's party?" Natalia shrugged "Of course. Are you?" Valerio smiled "Of course."

She put a strand of hair behind her ear "Really, because I don't think you're welcome there. Neither are your weird friends."

Valerio looked at Natalia with a serious look "They're not that bad. We're getting along just fine. It may even be something more."

Natalia laughed "You're not serious. I can't believe your even thinking about having a three way relationship with a fraud and a murderer. Holy shit!"

Valerio smirked "Are you jealous of Polo and Cayetana? It sure seems like it."

Natalia rolled her eyes "I'm not jealous of Polo. Or Cayetana either. She's not worth my energy. Let me give you some advice, Valerio. Break it off before you get your heart broken."

He chuckled "Is that what you told yourself when I left." Natalia scoffed "This has nothing to do with what we had. I'm trying to help you but you're acting like a brat, Valerio!"

He then sat up and leaned in next to Natalia's face "You look hot when you're annoyed."

Natalia tried not to smile "You need to leave. It's getting late." Valerio caressed her cheek and whispered "Then make me leave."

Natalia looked at Valerio and didn't notice herself leaning in. Valerio rested his hand on her chin and kissed her gently on her lips.

He pulled back and frowned "You didn't think about me when I left...at all?"

Natalia looked down "Everyday. Even when I was with someone else. I still do." Valerio stood up slowly "I'll see you tomorrow, beautiful."

Natalia felt a tear fall from her face and quickly wiped it away "Okay, I'll see you then."

He looked at Natalia once more and then left her room. She laid back down on her bed and turned her computer back on.

Natalia's pyjamas: