7

Natalia was talking with Tomás' parents until she saw her father walk down the stairs wearing a black suit

Natalia was talking with Tomás' parents until she saw her father walk down the stairs wearing a black suit. He caught eye contact with Natalia and smiled slightly.

He walked over to her and looked at her dress "Look at you. All grown up." Natalia smiled "Yeah, I'm not a little girl anymore." Javier nodded "I can see that? How's your mother?"

Natalia looked over at her mother who was talking to Carla's mother. "Currently rubbing elbows with Beatriz Caleruega."

Javier looked at Paulina and sighed "Beautiful as ever." Natalia looked back at her father who was staring deeply at her mother. She smirked at this but then remembered why she wanted her father to come. "Can we talk?"

Javier looked at his daughter and scoffed "I thought we were talking?" Natalia shook "No, I'm mean properly. It's been a long time coming."

Javier looked down and then nodded "Okay, fine. Let's go over to the other room." Natalia followed her father over to a secluded area in the winery. Away from all the noise and chatter.

Javier was the first to talk "So, how's school going?" Natalia rolled her eyes "Don't act like you care. You never did. Even when you were still living at the house."

Javier's eyes widened "What the hell are you talking about? You're making me out to be some heartless coward?" Natalia shrugged "You said it, I didn't."

Javier looked at his watch and then looked at Natalia "Listen, I know I've been a little checked out lately, but I've been busy with work."

Natalia crossed her arms "You seem to have a lot of time for Savanna and not me." Javier smirked "You're jealous then?"

Natalia scoffed "You don't know what the hell you're talking about. I'm not jealous of your father - daughter time. I'm pissed off because you never have time for me."

Javier pointed a finger at Natalia "Hey! Watch your mouth! I raised you better than that." Natalia shook her head "You didn't raise me at all. You were an awful father!"

Suddenly a loud slap echoed around the room. Natalia touched her face and felt a stinging sensation in the area. Javier sighed "The truth is...I don't care anymore."

He looked at his hand and then walked away, muttering under his breath. Natalia tried to fight the tears that were slowly forming in her eyes.

She wiped her eyes quickly and slowly walked back where everyone else was standing. Natalia stood next to Lu and she smiled "Where have you been?" Natalia looked at Lu and shrugged "Just looking around the place."

Then a loud voice appeared "Marchioness?" Carla's mother looked at Christian and he continued "Your winery is the bomb. And the wine, amazing! Delicious, by the way, will there be a proper dinner?" Lu scoffed "You wouldn't know how to choose your cutlery."

Christian scowled at Lu "From the outside in. I've seen Titanic twice. Don't think your the only one who knows about movies." Natalia smiled to herself until Polo's mother walked over to Christian "Hello. Christian, right? Polo hasn't told us about you. Do you like Las Encinas?"

Christian shrugged "Yes, actually, I do. That said, I don't think the school likes me. I don't pass a single test, man. And I do try. Some business about a curve. Some weird shit they have their."

Polo's mother smiled "What would you like to do?" Christian nodded "I want to be famous." Lu laughed at Christian and Polo's mother tilted her head "Famous for what exactly?"

Christian sipped his drink "Good question. The truth is, I don't know yet."

The Marchioness rolled her eyes "Begoña, you're behind the times. Today, they don't want to do anything. They just want to be somebody, and the less effort to get it, the better."

Carla smirked at her mother "Mom, how much effort did it take to become a Marchioness?"

She looked at her daughter in disbelief and Begoña turned back to Christian "Christian, I think it's very good that you want to be somebody important."

Andrea rubbed Begoña's shoulder and sighed "That shows ambition. We'd love that for our son."

Polo frowned "Mom!" There was a tense atmosphere in the room so Natalia went over to her mother who was talking to Tomás. "Hey guys!"

Paulina smiled at her daughter "Where were you, querida?" Natalia thought for a second and then shrugged "I was just looking around. It's a beautiful winery."

Tomás could tell that Natalia was lying but chose to talk about it after. "Indeed it is."

Paulina smiled "Sweetie, I'm gonna head home soon. If it's okay with Tomás, you can get a lift with him, okay?"

Tomás nodded "Fine by me." Paulina kissed her daughter on the cheek and walked off.

Tomás looked at Natalia and squinted his eyes "Why did you lie?" Natalia frowned "Huh?" Tomás crossed his arms "Just now. You weren't looking around, were you?"

Natalia sighed and looked down "I was talking to my father." Tomás' eyes widened "How did it go?" Natalia felt tears form again and shook her head "He's not happy."

Tomás noticed her sad expression and lightly touch her face. Natalia hissed in pain and backed away.

Tomás looked shocked and realised that her cheek was very pink "Did he...did he hurt you?"

Natalia looked at Tomás with no emotion and he immediately brought her into a hug. "I think it's best if you stay away from him." Natalia nodded through her tears "I agree."

Natalia's outfit: