Chapter 5: Summer in the City Part 2

After travelling directly to Daejeon from Cebu, the Now United members were allowed to spend their Sunday exploring the city. Evidently, Hafiz was absolutely thrilled to be back in one of his favourite countries in the world even though Heyoon was the group's personal tour guide. "I understand that some Kpop idols were born and raised in Daejeon, am I right?" Hafiz asked Heyoon while they were browsing through one of the fashion boutiques; she answered, "Yes, you're right. There are a handful of them who hail from Daejeon, but I can't quite remember their names." "It's okay, I just needed some affirmation." That evening, the Now United members went to one of the local restaurants which Hafiz suddenly recalled having visited before, "Hey, I remember this place!! The food they serve is really nice!! I've tried almost everything on their menu, but there's one whose taste doesn't quite agree with my tongue unfortunately. I'm not sure why." Krystian chimed in, "Maybe I'll try that one for you and then let you know what I think about it afterwards. Is that okay?" "Aaaawwwww, thank you, baby love. I appreciate that," Hafiz smiled before kissing Krystian in gratitude. The others merely looked on with happy smiles on their faces. After everyone was done eating, with Krystian revealing that his boyfriend's least favorite dish didn't really taste as bad as the latter had thought, the group headed back to their hotel for a good night's sleep as they had more filming to do over the next 5 days or so.

By Friday night, the members were relieved to have finally adjusted themselves to constant changes of the local weather, given that they'd been traveling from city to city so frequently over the past couple of months, though Hafiz felt that Daejeon could use a little more rain as it was his favorite natural phenomenon. "I'm pretty sure we all know why you love rain, Hafiz. In Singapore, it happens a lot and, for you at least, it's perfect for sleeping, cuddling and, EHEM, lovemaking, am I right?" Josh asked nonchalantly, making Hafiz burst out laughing as he admitted to it. The girls merely shook their heads while the other boys laughed along. "Well, he has a point though," Lamar added on with a sly smirk. The next morning, Shivani was the one who woke up earlier than the rest as she was really excited about finally getting a chance to see her family again and showing her friends around her home city. The rest eventually woke up one after the other, with Hafiz & Krystian surprisingly being the last ones to end their slumber. When Bailey knocked on their door without a response, he gave Hafiz a call on his phone hoping it'd jolt the choreographer awake. "Hey, Bailey! Good morning to you!" "About time you woke up, Fiz. You and Krystian better get moving; most of the others are already waiting downstairs." Hafiz panicked upon hearing that &, after hanging up, immediately carried his still-sleeping boyfriend to the bathroom where the latter was jolted awake by the splashing of water from the shower head. "Hubby, what gives?" Krys lamented while rubbing his eyes; Hafiz kissed his forehead as he replied, "I'm sorry, my love, but we are literally the last ones to wake up, and Bailey said the others are already waiting downstairs. We better hurry." Ten minutes later, the couple had finally got dressed & also managed to double check to ensure they left nothing behind but an empty bottle of lube in the trash bin.

By the time the couple reached the lobby, Noah was pointing at his watch, "About time you joined us, sleepyheads. We're about to check out soon." Krystian pouted, "Sorry, everyone. We, um, got busy last night." Hina facepalmed & shook her head, "Why aren't we surprised?? We could hear you two going at it last night. I can't believe you two still have enough stamina for, um, THAT, even after five days of film shoots." Hafiz shrugged, "Eh, it's normal for us at this point." Just then, Simon showed up with his luggage in tow as well, "Okay, everyone. I've checked out on your behalves. Let's get moving." As Daejeon & Udaipur were only a few hours apart, their flight to the latter was brief compared to some of their previous flights. Upon landing, Hafiz found the view breathtaking, "My gosh, Shivani!! I can't believe I'm finally in your home city; it's literally my first time here. It looks beautiful." Shivani smiled, "Thank you, Hafiz. Don't worry, we should have until tomorrow to give you all a glimpse of what it was like for me growing up here."  After they'd settled in at a nearby hotel, Shiv called her family to let them know that she was in town with her Now United friends for a while; not long after, the group found themselves face to face with Shiv's parents who immediately hugged their daughter. Hafiz smiled as he knew what such reunions were like, before being dragged along with Krystian by Shiv to be introduced to her folks. "Mum, Dad, this is our choreographer, Hafiz, and he's from Singapore. This is Krystian from China, my group member." Hafiz smiled as he greeted, "It's nice to finally meet you both; Shiv has told me great things about you. You should be proud of yourselves for raising such an incredibly talented yet humble and compassionate young lady." Shiv blushed, causing the others to laugh a little. "Bro, you're making her shy, man. Cool it," Lamar intervened, to which Hafiz replied, "True though, ain't it?" After the introductions, Shiv managed to accommodate her friends inside her family home for dinner, though they had to take turns at the dining table. Hafiz didn't seem bothered by this arrangement; he let the girls have their turns first while he waited with the boys in the living room. After the girls were done, Hafiz and the NU boys took their places at the dining table; the choreographer was fascinated by the food offered and took a sniff of one of the curries before exclaiming, "This smells just like the one Singaporean Indians use as dips for their roti prata!! My goodness, I didn't expect to find a familiar smell all the way here." Shiv's parents smiled as they took it as a compliment, "Thank you, my boy. Go on, help yourselves."

After a hearty dinner, Shiv explained to her parents, while her friends waited outside, about why she was back home for a week. Despite her mum sniffling for a bit, they understood & gave their daughter a final hug before she left the house with tears in her eyes. "Shiv, you okay?" Diarra asked as she approached the Indian girl, who replied while wiping away her tears, "I'm just glad I got to meet my parents again." Over the next few days, NU filmed Shiv's part for their upcoming MV before wrapping it up on Friday evening. The next morning, Krystian & Hafiz were the first to wake up compared to the week before so they decided to prank the others into waking up. Obviously, the reactions they got were exactly the same as from when they were in Orange County a couple of months prior; Hafiz got a rather huge kick out of it and simply laughed at them. Later that evening, the flight from Udaipur to Beijing was slightly longer than their previous flight such that it was midnight by the time they landed in Beijing International Airport. After they'd disembarked, Krystian called his parents despite the timing and let them know that he was with NU for filming in Beijing but left out the part about Hafiz being with them in order to make it a surprise.

The morning after they'd settled in at a hotel near the airport, Krystian & Hafiz both got an early start before waiting for the others so that the former could give them a tour of Beijing. Later at close to noon, as they were walking near the palace, Krystian's parents shouted, "Nanjun!!!!" Krystian jumped at being called but quickly ran into their arms for a much needed hug, "Ma! Pa! I've missed you so much.." Mr Wang rubbed his son's hair, "We've missed you too, son. By the way, that's Now United, isn't it?" The other members, along with Hafiz, approached the senior Wangs & introduced themselves to one another. Krystian then added, while holding tightly onto Hafiz's right arm, "Ma, Pa.. This is Hafiz, our choreographer from Singapore.. And he's my first and only boyfriend. It was love at first sight for both of us, and we have a lot in common; it was fated for us to eventually end up together." Mrs Wang merely smiled, "I know you too well, my son. As long as you're happy, you have our blessings and support. As for your relatives, don't worry about them; let us handle them separately." Krystian started bawling upon hearing his mum's very positive response to his coming out; Mr Wang added on, "Honestly, son, when your mum first told me that you might be gay, I was rather skeptical about it. But now that I've seen for myself how much you love Hafiz and how happy you are with him, I'm glad you told us. Congratulations, son. I love you unconditionally." The NU members gushed as Hafiz comforted his boyfriend before hugging Mr & Mrs Wang, "Thank you for accepting him as he is, and for blessing our relationship. I promise, we won't let you down and I'll never let him go. Also, rest assured that I've been taking very good care of him from day one."

With that, Krystian became extremely motivated for filming his part of the MV over the next few days while Hafiz cheered him on. The other boys couldn't help but smile at how adorable their resident gay couple could be; by Friday afternoon, they wrapped things up which was impressive given that the previous filming sessions had only stopped on Friday evenings or early nights. Hence, the group had more time off to explore Beijing with Krystian & Hafiz leading the way. The couple even brought them to one of the local LGBTQ friendly places, catching the group by surprise. As the girls browsed through it with fascinated looks on their faces, Hafiz merely shrugged, "Almost every country has at least one of these LGBTQ friendly centres. You just have to know where to find them." By the next evening, the group were already on their next flight to Niiza, Japan; this pattern would repeat itself again until they landed in the last city on their list, Guarulhos in Brazil, to film Any's part. "I can feel strong samba and football vibes here, Any, even though we're miles away from Rio de Janeiro," Hafiz remarked as the group walked into their designated hotel. Any smiled as she replied, "Once again, you're spot on with your observations, Hafiz." "Another thing: the local boys are hella CCCUUUTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEE!!!!" Hafiz added teasingly, causing Krystian to pinch his arm out of jealousy, "Hubby, stop it or I'm not riding you tonight." Hafiz giggled while rubbing his arm & kissing Krys's forehead, "I'm sorry, my love. You know we belong only to each other, right?" The hotel manager smiled at the couple's interaction before greeting Simon & allowing the group to check-in smoothly. Any was just as pumped for filming her part as Krystian had been a few weeks prior, and just as had been the case with him in Beijing, her part was done filming by Friday afternoon; with that, Simon allowed the group to spend the weekend by the beach to wind down once again. Hafiz & Krystian took advantage of this opportunity to flaunt themselves in front of the local crowds with their synchronization on the sand and in the water; despite that, everyone had a great time relaxing by the sea.