Chapter 23: 6 Months Later..

It had been just over half a year since Krystian suddenly announced that he'd be withdrawing from Youth With You Season 3 due to mental health issues that had begun taking a toll on him. As devastated as everyone involved in the show had been at the time, they had to reluctantly let him go; Hafiz, on the other hand, was asked to stay on as Dance Judge but declined in order to look after his fiancé. Nonetheless, the couple had made it a point to encourage the Uniters to vote for Krystian's BFF, Jun Liu, as the latter deserved to debut as much as the other frontrunners.

In the weeks following Krystian's exit, the couple had shut themselves off from social media in order to heal together, though Hafiz won't let go of his games as they were his main form of escape from reality. Only their respective families, fellow Now United members & their manager Simon Fuller were kept in the loop though the choreographer had strictly sworn them to secrecy. It wasn't until sometime in August, however, that the couple finally came out of hiding; unsurprisingly, they were almost immediately bombarded with questions from fans as to why they'd suddenly vanished. It got to the point where Hafiz took over Now United's Instagram account & did an IG live to address their concerns, with his fiancé by his side.

Not long after this, Hafiz would escort his fiancé to do modeling shoots & spend time cuddling with their cat family when at home. By this point, the kittens had grown up so fast & each had their own quirky personality that the couple absolutely loved, although the senior Wangs had begun raising concerns in regards to the financial situation should they continue expanding the cat family. As a result, Hafiz & Krystian had reluctantly agreed to allow other responsible cat owners to adopt the kittens in hopes that the latter would continue to receive unconditional love.

While the couple continued with their thing, the other Now United members had released several more music videos - Baila, Nobody Like Us, NU Party (dedicated to Lamar, apparently), Wave Your Flag (in conjunction with the Tokyo Olympics Games) & Ikou. The group had even done their first musical titled "Love, Love, Love" from which they had another 3 MVs titled When You Love Somebody, Dance Like That & Momento. By the time Hafiz & Krystian did a mass Zoom call with the group again, the latter were in the midst of filming their next 2 MVs titled I Got You & Anything For You. "Hey, NU fam!! How's everyone doing??" he asked as soon as the Zoom meeting began; Sofya replied, "We're all doing good, Fiz. I wish I could be doing music with the other NU members right now, but I'm currently back home to settle some personal matters. How are you doing, Krys?" Krys smiled as he leaned on his fiancé's shoulder, "Doing much better now. I'm also in the midst of making my own music, though. Have y'all checked out my covers of Lisa's solo debut, by the way?" The girls immediately screamed in unison, "Yesss!!! It was so well done!!!!! How many takes did you guys do, though? Hafiz?" Hafiz chuckled, "Unsurprisingly for me, he nailed it in just ONE take. You heard me right, ONE TAKE!! That's how much my baby vampire here adores his former mentor." The boys yelped in disbelief, "Krys!!!! Duuuudddeeee!!!! That's insane!!!!" Hafiz cackled at this as he responded, "Well, that's my baby vampire for y'all. By the way, did we forget to mention that we're also currently making preparations for our wedding in Taiwan, which will be held sometime in December?"

The entire NU family literally fell to the floor they'd been standing on, in utter shock. Josh recovered first & asked, "Modeling shoots, making music and doing the wedding, not to mention managing your fur babies. Speaking of which, how are those furballs doing?" Krys laughed at Josh's question as he replied, "We had to keep in touch with other responsible cat owners before giving our kittens to them. My mum was concerned about the financial situation should we continue raising them, what with me & my fiancé's incomes being somewhat shaky at the moment. Of course, my dad could've easily handled it for us but since these are OUR babies, it's our responsibility & duty to do what's best for them." Noah nodded, "As long as the kittens continue to be unconditionally loved & treated properly by their new owners, I suppose that's not much of a problem." Hafiz then said, "Well, I did create a group chat with them so I could check in on the kittens periodically but what I didn't expect to see was the owners themselves REGULARLY updating me on the growing kittens. Like you said yourself, Noah, the kittens are being loved as though they were born in those houses." Sabina smiled at this, "Aaaawwwwwww, that's really great to hear." "Yeah, thanks. Well, Krys and I have gotta get back to planning our wedding," Hafiz said to which the girls initially groaned but then nodded in understanding. "Well, you two, all the best for your wedding. Be sure to send out the invites ASAP!!" Bailey finally voiced out, to which Hafiz replied, "As long as y'all are fully vaccinated against covid, y'all will be invited. Okay, bye for now."

After ending the Zoom call, Krys pounced on Hafiz unexpectedly for an intense makeout session. "Mmmmmmmmm, baby vampire.. What gives?? You don't often initiate our intimate moments", Hafiz moaned in pleasure as he returned the loving & passionate kiss. Krys merely smirked, "Come on, hubby. You know what it means; we've been doing it like this for years now." "Fair point, my love. It's just that we've been through so much lately; forgive me if I forget." "There's nothing to forgive, hubby. I understand you; I'm just glad you were there by my side at my lowest point." "That's my duty as your hubby, baby vampire. Now come on." With that, the couple engaged in an intensely hot cardio session.