Chapter 11: KPop Fix v1

While the other Now United members were busy filming back to back music videos in various locations, Hafiz & Krystian took advantage of spending quarantine together by catching up on their favorite KPop groups, which ranged from BlackPink to NCT and even the Queen Goddess of KPop herself, BoA. As Hafiz hadn't really seen his boyfriend dance to KPop songs before, he was surprised when the latter actually nailed NCT's choreography to Kick It to a tee. "Oh my gosh, baby!! You're really good at KPop dance; this is truly a pleasant surprise for me," Hafiz remarked in awe, causing Krys to blush as he tended to do. The choreographer smiled as he approached his adorable boyfriend for a passionate kiss; the latter eventually replied, "Well, after seeing you dance so well to KPop songs, I figured I had to up my game. Looks like my efforts are paying off, hubby." Hafiz chuckled, "Also, you do know that Taemin is among my favorite male soloists after Rain, right?" Krys nodded, "Yes, hubby, I do. I wanna see you dance to Sayonara Hitori again, though; I really love the elegance of the choreography and how you do it so perfectly. I remember you telling me that it's your favorite song from him, too." Hafiz smiled as he went to his phone & speaker to turn on the requested song before proceeding to begin the choreography exactly as how Taemin had originally done it.

What Hafiz didn't know, however, was that Krys had secretly gotten his co-members into a Zoom meeting so they could watch their choreographer dance to one of his all time favorite Japanese songs from Taemin. They all stayed silent until the song ended, at which point they clapped in unison. "FIZ!!!! THAT WAS ABSOLUTE FIRE, BRO!!!!" Lamar exclaimed, startling Hafiz & causing him to fall back on his butt; the latter then yelled while getting back up & rubbing his butt, "YO, WHAT THE HELL!? Baby, did you call them in on me??" Krys giggled & nodded cheekily, "To be fair, they've never seen you dance to JPop and KPop songs, hubby." Hafiz then shrugged, "Ah well, the secret is out: I was among the top KPop dance cover artists back in Singapore before I was personally handpicked by Mr Fuller to become your choreographer." Joalin yelped, "WHAT!?!?!? I didn't know that!!" Sabina then laughed at her junior member's reaction, "Well, actually, he told the first ten members of our group, which of course included all the boys plus myself, Any, Diarra, Sina and Sofya. We figured he'd let the rest of you all know when he was ready." Krys nodded, "Hafiz did tell me about it, but I didn't think too much of it until he asked me to dance with him to a particular Korean song that, to him at least, needed two people to dance together. He surprised me with his finesse in movement." Hina then gushed, "Aaaawwwww, that must've been a truly romantic moment for the two of you." Hafiz laughed, "Well, as I mentioned before, I didn't think it was that important to tell everyone in Now United about it unless I had to. Hmm, now, who wants to see me and Krys dance to a Kpop girl group's song next?" The girls immediately raised their hands while the boys seemed to be somewhat on the fence about it.

After some persuasion, the other boys finally relented & agreed with the girls that their resident gay couple should dance to a BlackPink song. Krys yelped, "Hell yeah!!! Hahaha!! We've got just the song to dance to for y'all to watch." A while later, Hafiz switched to Ddu-du Ddu-du by said group & pulled Krys in to dance together. The girls were shocked to see that their lean built choreographer, who some had previously assumed couldn't really do girls' dance well, with his spot on rendition of Lisa's parts. The couple then wrapped up the cover by facing each other for a brief lip lock, causing Josh to exclaim, "Damn!! That last bit was unexpected; I thought you guys were gonna do the final pose like BlackPink did in their music video. But at this point, it's okay with us. You're a couple, so it should be expected that you'd squeeze in a kiss while dancing to these songs." Hafiz cackled as he admitted, "Well, it was a spontaneous surprise decision on my part. Gotcha!" Krys laughed as he nodded, "I just went with the flow."

The group then spent the next couple of hours being continuously entertained, still via Zoom, as Hafiz & Krystian switched between dancing to guy groups like EXO and girl groups like 4Minute. By the end of the session, the interracial couple had begun panting with Hafiz remarking, "Damn! I doubt we've ever danced to a single national genre for over two hours straight. I'm getting tired and sleepy already." "Yeah, and honestly, so am I. Goodnight, y'all!!" The girls groaned, but nodded & understood the couple's desire to rest for the night. Every now & then, they'd have similar sessions like this one so that they could catch up with one another while also keeping up to date on the couple's developments. Hafiz wasn't bothered too much by it, but he always ensured that his boyfriend's safety was of top priority.