Chapter 12: Anniversary Surprise

While the other members continued filming music videos in various locations, Hafiz & Krystian took their time away from the group as a way to not only reconnect with the latter's relatives but also with their spirituality. As both had done their fair share of research on the matter, & given that their time with Now United didn't exactly provide them with any leeway to truly immerse themselves in meditating, they were well prepared for their first meditation session as a couple. After some breathing exercises to warm themselves up, Hafiz & Krystian promptly began their meditation during which the former had to resist all the naughty thoughts constantly nagging at him to pounce on his boyfriend. Hafiz initially struggled to hold them back, but eventually, he held out long enough to end the session just as Krys opened his eyes & took a deep breath. "That was enlightening, wasn't it, hubby?" Krys asked before raising an eyebrow, "Hubby? You okay? Why are you panting? It's just meditation." After catching his breath, Hafiz finally replied, "You know I've never done it before, baby, and always being in your presence gives me all sorts of naughty thoughts. I initially struggled to hold them back and stop myself from pouncing on you, but I held on." Krys smiled & shook his head, "My kinky hubby actually restrained himself for once. Good effort, and I'm proud of you for trying your best. I love you." Hafiz chuckled & pulled Krys in for a loving kiss.

As their 3rd anniversary drew nearer, it dawned on Hafiz that Krystian was The One for him, given their strong bond despite their fair share of conflicts, and so he went to ask permission from Mr & Mrs Wang to propose to their son. Mr Wang nodded while Mrs Wang smiled, "About time you realized it, my boy. We know you love each other very much, and care about each other very deeply. No worries, you have our permission & blessings. Only question is, where should we host the wedding?" Hafiz stopped himself from yelling in joy to avoid waking his sleeping boyfriend as he pondered Mrs Wang's question; a minute or two later, he replied, "I'm thinking Taiwan. It's only a couple of hours away by plane; easy to manage. I'll let my family know about my intention to propose to Krystian soon." A while later, Hafiz called his family to inform them what he was planning; his parents screamed in joy & congratulated him before they were reminded to keep the news under tight wraps as it was intended to be a surprise. His parents acknowledged it & wished him the best.

As he already knew Krys's finger size, it was easy for Hafiz to get the engagement rings for both of them; just as he realized that he was a bit short on cash to pay for the rings later that week, however, Mrs Wang unexpectedly showed up and paid the remainder on his behalf. "Ma!! Where's Pa? Krystian?" Hafiz exclaimed, clearly startled; Mrs Wang hushed him, "Relax, Fiz. Your Pa and boyfriend are currently browsing through a shoe shop nearby; they don't know you're here buying the rings. They look beautiful, by the way." Hafiz blushed slightly, "Aawww, thanks Ma. I know Krys will love the design." Soon after, Mrs Wang walked back to rejoin her husband & son acting as if nothing had happened while Hafiz went into hiding; as the trio were walking along with new shoes for both Mr Wang & Krystian, Hafiz snuck up on his boyfriend and literally pounced him from behind, causing both to fall to the floor. While Krystian was still a bit dazed, Hafiz checked to ensure the engagement ring boxes remained intact in his rear jeans pockets before kissing Krys's neck lovingly, "Gotcha!! Happy advanced anniversary, my love!!" "Hubby..... You really had me scared there!!" Krys exclaimed as he turned around & kissed Hafiz back, "Happy advanced anniversary to you too, by the way." Just as the couple got back on their feet, however, Hafiz suddenly knelt down on his left knee while reaching for the engagement ring box & smiling happily at Krys, "My baby vampire, it's recently dawned on me that you're The One I intend to spend the rest of my life with, alongside our munchkin Fluffy. Despite our ups and downs, conflicts, and even almost losing each other at one point, we've managed to pull through all of it and come out stronger than before. From the day we met, I knew I wanted you by my side til my last breath and I'm glad we're together. With all that being said, will you do the honor of marrying me?" Krys was rendered speechless by his boyfriend's sudden gesture & immediately started crying as he nodded a yes; Hafiz promptly put the engagement rings on both their left ring fingers & comforted Krystian by hugging him while wiping away his tears.

Hafiz's surprise proposal drew in quite a crowd, comprised of supporters who clapped & cheered for the happy couple. When Krys peeked an eye out and saw that a substantial crowd had formed, he blushed & quickly hid his face in his now-fiancé's shoulder. Hafiz smiled, "You're being all shy again because of the crowd, aren't you? Alalalala, they're all happy for us, baby. It's okay." Within hours, news of the surprise proposal reached the other Now United members, who were all stunned as they hadn't expected Hafiz to pull it off so soon. When Hafiz's family received the news, they immediately hosted a celebration party to commemorate the special occasion despite their son being hundreds of miles away. Later that night, the newly engaged couple consummated their new milestone full of love & passion at the expense of Fluffy, though Krystian's parents didn't mind looking after their furry granddaughter.