Chapter 16: Kittens!!!!

While Krystian was getting ready to participate in Youth With You Season 3, Hafiz had made a secret negotiation with the show's head honchos that would've allowed him to not only be a discreet part of the audience during broadcasts, but also make an occasional surprise appearance as a guest dance judge. Despite the producers' concerns that Hafiz would show signs of favoritism towards his future husband, the choreographer told them assuringly that he'd remain as professionally impartial as possible. On the side, Mrs Wang had found herself a female cat for Bruce to breed with as she knew her future son-in-law to have a huge soft spot for kittens; as an advanced 21st birthday present for her son Krystian, she called for the couple to come home despite being busy. After promptly excusing themselves & apologising to everyone on set before scurrying off, Krystian told Hafiz with a tinge of frustration, "I wonder what could be so important that Ma had to call us to get home now; she knows our new schedule with this show." Hafiz kissed his fiancé's forehead, "Calm down, my love. Let's just hope nothing bad happened."

The moment the couple stepped into the house, they could hear little meows coming from the kitchen. Hafiz immediately squealed, "KITTENS!!!!!! BUT WHOSE!? MMMMAAAAAAAA!!!" He ran towards the kitchen, with Krystian right behind; when they stopped, Krystian remarked, "Ma!! Whose kittens are these?" Mrs Wang casually replied, "While you were busy helping Nanjun with his reality show, Fiz, I found Bruce a mate as I noticed that he was getting in heat the other day; there are five kittens in total. By the way, meet their mother, Angela." Hafiz then knelt down & cooed as he offered his hand for the new mother cat to sniff, "Hi Angela. Thank you for bringing five adorable kittens into our lives, though I must say this is a very pleasant surprise." Angela merely purred as she gently licked Hafiz's fingers, causing him to chuckle, "Okay, okay. You like me already. Good girl. Congratulations, darling. I'm sure you'll make a great mum to these adorable little ones." Krystian looked on lovingly as he knelt down next to Hafiz and repeated the same gesture; Angela sniffed & licked Krys's hand in response, causing him to comment, "Well, Angela, looks like you're our daughter-in-law and your kittens are our grandkids. Bruce, you've been a sneaky boy, haven't you? C'mere..." Krystian carried Bruce and tickled his tummy, causing the latter to meow in almost a laughing manner. Hafiz turned to look & giggled before realizing someone was missing, "Fluffy!! Where are you, baby girl?? Papa and daddy are home."

As it turned out, Fluffy was waiting for her name to be called before coming out of her favorite hiding place, catching the couple by surprise. "There you are!!" Hafiz exclaimed as he squatted down & gave his furry daughter a big hug, "We've missed you so much, baby girl. Did you know you're an aunt now?" Fluffy seemingly nodded her head in response; Hafiz asked again, "Are you happy to have nieces and nephews scurrying around?" This time, Fluffy didn't give a direct answer, but rather just grabbed Hafiz's finger. The choreographer laughed, "Ah yes, I've missed this part too, baby girl. But.. OOOOFF!! You're gaining weight again.. Uncontrolled appetite, is it?" Krystian laughed at the interaction before chiming in with a naughty smirk on his face, "Where do you think she got it from, hubby?" Hafiz facepalmed, "Now you're just embarrassing me in front of Angela. You'll get a good pounding from me later for that." Mrs Wang finally voiced out, "By the way, Nanjun.. Happy birthday in advance; I wanted you to meet the kittens on your birthday itself, but they came earlier than I expected."

Hafiz was rendered speechless, "So Angela and her kittens are actually a combined birthday present for my baby vampire?!" Mrs Wang nodded; after putting the feline siblings on the floor, Hafiz kissed Krystian's lips, cheeks & forehead while saying, "Happy advanced birthday to you, my love. I wanted to get something similar for your birthday, but Ma already beat me to it and us being engaged is probably the best gift ever." Krystian then began shedding tears, "Thank you, Ma. Thank you so much, hubby. I love you a lot." "I know, baby. I love you so much too." After finally letting their growing cat family have their rest, Hafiz led Krystian into the latter's bedroom for their annual hot birthday cardio session. A few days later, the other Now United members received word that Mexico was reactivating travel restrictions so they made a mutual agreement to reach the country & serve their quarantines upon landing there, only reuniting officially once said quarantines had been completed. Sadly, Lamar couldn't join due to existing travel restrictions & Krystian due to his reality show; as for Bailey, he'd just recently recovered from covid so he won't join in until a later date.

As Hafiz & Krystian were getting ready for bed, they received an unexpected Zoom call and answered it. "Hey, you two!! What's up?" "Up? You mean, down. Krys and I were just going down to sleep. Anyway, Ma surprised us both when she announced that Bruce, Fluffy's brother, has a mate and she just recently gave birth to five healthy kittens." The girls immediately squealed in unison, "WHERE ARE THEY?!? WE WANNA SEE THEM!!! Congrats, by the way, on becoming grandpas." Josh cackled at the new nickname, to which Hafiz took in stride, "Well, at least they're our beloved kittens." Noah then chimed in to change the topic, "You sure you're unable to join us, Krys?" "I can't; Youth With You is starting soon and my hubby is helping ensure I'm ready to do my best on the show." "Aaaawwwww, best of luck, buddy," said Bailey, who was alone in his room due to quarantine. Sabina then apologized on the others' behalf, "In any case, we're so sorry for forgetting about the time difference between China and our respective homelands." Hafiz laughed, "Nah, it's fine, Sab. At this point, it's normal. Well, goodnight everyone. We miss y'all too!! Can't wait for y'all to drop by Beijing some time to show support for Krystian." "Can't promise that right now, Fiz; our schedule while in Mexico is pretty much settled already, but after we're done there, we'll see if we can arrange something. Goodnight, you two! Stay safe!" And with that, the call ended before the couple could finally cuddle each other to sleep for the rest of the night.