Chapter 10: Not Even A Pandemic Can Stop Us

Shortly after 2020 began, Hafiz & Krystian flew back to California to reunite with Bailey, Josh & Noah to film their first all-male MV since Wake Up, titled Live This Moment. After a few days of studio recording sessions and film shoots, the boys took time off to catch up with one another & also celebrate Krystian's 20th birthday. Unfortunately, USA would shortly after be stricken with a novel coronavirus that scientists knew little about other than it being related to the virus that caused SARS nearly two decades prior. As a result, the boys went into quarantine for their own safety with the interracial couple sharing a room while the other 3 had a room each to themselves. Even so, it didn't stop them from ordering takeout & working out whenever they felt like it; in the days leading up to the YouTube premiere of Live This Moment, Hafiz received a copy of the song & video from the production crew while he & Krystian were in bed. He was delighted with the results of the boys' efforts & proudly kissed his sleeping boyfriend's forehead; he whispered, "Baby, I just got a copy of your song from the production team. I'm so proud of you! The song sounds great; the MV looks amazing, and of course, you being sexy as ever."

Krystian eventually opened his eyes & rubbed them, "Huh?? You got a copy already? Hubby, you're making me wanna blush.." He then cutely hid his face behind his hands & peeked an eye out between his fingers; Hafiz smiled & pulled his adorable boyfriend in to kiss him again, "Aaaawwwww, I'm proud of you no matter what, my love." Just as they began making out, however, they were abruptly interrupted by a phone call on Hafiz's phone. "Hang on, baby. I need to take this," he said as he pecked Krys's cheek before answering the call, "Hello? Hafiz speaking; who's that on the line?" "Ah yes, just the person I wanted to speak to. It's regarding your covid test results. Good news is that you're both negative, but if you need to go out for any reason, please wear a mask at all times and keep a distance of at least six feet from others in order to minimise the spread of covid. I understand you're still in quarantine?" "Yes, doctor. We are; it should be ending in the next couple of days or so, though." "Alright, stay indoors until your quarantine is over. Take care." "Of course, doc, we will. You too, bye."

Krys raised an eyebrow after Hafiz put down his phone, "Hubby? What was that about?" "We're both negative of this covid-19 thing, baby. The doctor also gave us some advice." "Ouh.. Okay, it's good that we don't have it, but I'm itching to go out again, hubby." "I understand, baby. So do I, but we need to stay inside until Friday. Besides, more lovemaking for us in the meantime, right?" Hafiz managed to let out a sly smirk, causing Krys to bite his neck, "I'm a vampire, and you're my mate." Hafiz laughed as he let Krys leave a lovebite mark, "I've been your mate for over two years now, baby boy. What you mean?" After that, Hafiz proceeded to render both of them naked for a hot cardio session in bed. On the following Tuesday, the Live This Moment music video finally premiered on YouTube with the couple being among the first to watch it, even though Hafiz had already received a copy of it beforehand. The choreographer couldn't help but gush, squeal & drool over how hot his boyfriend looked in the video, causing the latter to blush so hard he had to hide his face again. Hafiz giggled upon seeing this & playfully tickled Krys's abs, making the latter reveal his puffy red cheeks; he chuckled, "Is my baby vampire being all shy again?? I swear, you're so fucking cute when you're like that. I can't help but wanna kiss you."

As the pandemic wore on, however, Hafiz & Krystian were asked to return to their respective hometowns despite the former's insistence that he accompany his boyfriend in Beijing. "I'm sorry, Hafiz, but the China government is being really strict about the lockdowns and aren't taking any chances; it's probably a way of redeeming themselves after some of their citizens unfortunately, albeit unknowingly, spread it across the world," Simon Fuller explained over the phone as Krystian clung tightly onto Hafiz's arm; the latter protested frustratingly, "I don't care!! If it means having to undergo another round of quarantine in Beijing, so be it!! I won't leave Krystian out of my sight again; it nearly ended in disaster the first time it happened and I'm not about to let history repeat itself!" Simon shook his head upon hearing his choreographer's heated response & eventually relented, "Alright, Hafiz. If you must; just promise me that you and Krystian remain safe always." "We will, boss. Thanks." Upon hanging up, Hafiz heaved a huge sigh of relief, "Mr Fuller finally allowed me to accompany you back to Beijing despite having to potentially undergo another round of quarantine." Krys smiled & kissed his boyfriend cutely, "You're always looking out for me and taking care of me, hubby. For that, I'm thankful to call you mine." Hafiz smiled & returned the kiss before the couple proceeded to pack their stuff for their direct flight to Beijing.

Meanwhile, the other boys managed to film several more music videos with the girls in various locations; Hafiz didn't seem too bothered by this, but always made it a point to check in on them periodically to ensure their safety & teach them new choreographies via Zoom if needed. Despite being on a limited budget, Hafiz managed to make do with what he had though staying with his boyfriend's parents made it much easier on his appetite as he could simply eat whatever that Mrs Wang had cooked provided there was no pork or lard. Having had to make do with limited financial resources, more than once throughout his career, certainly came in handy for Hafiz by this point

In the following months, Krystian got the chance to do modeling shoots for various magazines though he always ensured that Hafiz was on set to be his personal bodyguard should things go wrong. The latter was happy that his boyfriend could earn some side income outside of making music with Now United, though they missed hanging out with the other members. During one of these said shoots, the couple had been asked to do an interview with the hosting company; after some discussion, they agreed to it. Said interview went well, for the most part, until Hafiz declined to answer some of the more sensitive questions that had been asked. He kept his cool as best he could while telling off their interviewer with a frighteningly sinister stare, "Why are you trying to probe really deep into our personal lives at this point? I get that you wanna interview my boyfriend and I in order to know us better, but to be asking us such questions is basically digging your own grave already. I'm sorry, but this interview is officially over. You may publish my boyfriend's photos alongside the contents of our interview thus far, but not the very personal questions. Come on, baby, let's get outta here before I get tempted to punch someone into the ICU."

The couple quickly grabbed all their stuff that had been laying around & promptly left the premises, but not before Hafiz took a few photos to be saved for future use as evidence should anything go wrong. Krystian later soothed his boyfriend by stroking his arm, "Hubby, slow down a bit, please. I'm already tired as is, and I'm hungry." Hafiz promptly slowed his walking pace & carried his boyfriend in his arms, "Okay, baby love. Let's go home; I'm in the mood to make some pasta anyway." Krys chuckled as he tucked his face near Hafiz's right armpit and took a sniff, "Mmmm, hubby.. I love your sweaty odour." Hafiz stopped walking & burst out laughing, "Baby!! Not THAT loudly.. I know you're getting horny, cuz so am I, but let's fill our stomachs before I fill your bussy with my seeds, okay?" Krys giggled & nodded as the couple eventually got home only to be greeted by their pet munchkin Fluffy, who quickly ran up to rub herself on Hafiz's legs.

"Hey, baby girl!! You were waiting for us, weren't you? Alalalala, aren't you the sweetest kitty. Come on, follow us inside; daddy and I will give you a treat after we both take a shower, okay?" Fluffy purred as she let her two hooman dads clean themselves up before finally getting the treat that they'd promised her. Hafiz stroked her neck as he told her, "Here you go, big girl. I know you've missed us dearly, but now, papa and I are gonna be home most of the time so you can cuddle with us all day if you want." Fluffy meowed as she let her papa kiss her forehead as Krystian looked on, "You are indeed a cat whisperer, hubby. She seems to still be able to understand you, even though we've been away from her a lot." "I'm glad you remember, my love. Come on, our food is almost ready." After their dinner, the couple locked their bedroom door so they could make love uninterrupted even if it meant leaving Fluffy outside to be entertained by Mrs Wang.