52 - Dirigible Plums

1999, April 3rd
Today was Luna and Blaise's big day and everyone was rushing around preparing everything for the ceremony.
Luna was sitting calmly at her desk preparing to walk down the aisle to Blaise. She was donning a pair of homemade sunflower earrings and her hair was simply curled and left down to hang around her blue wedding dress. She had chose to go quite simple for her wedding day, rather than over the top like some brides did. If she was going to get married, she wanted to be as comfortable as possible, seeing as this would set the tone for her married life. She also opted for a blue gown, stepping away from the tradition of a white wedding dress. The gown she chose truly showcased all that Luna was, it even included several rabbits, which happened to ber her patronus. 

In Luna's eyes, the rabbits that were hopping around on her dress showcased how happy she was on this day. She would have her patronus right with her as she married the man she was so deeply in love with. Her wedding would truly be anything but traditional. Each floral decoration contained a dirigible plum or two and they had both opted to do a very different ceremony, one that really let the pair shine instead of the boring, traditional wedding they were bound to see so many of.  It was going to be gorgeous. 

Luna and Ginny were finishing up the final touches to her ensemble before the ceremony that would happen in just a few minutes. 

On the other side of the door, Blaise had been getting ready for their big day as well. Although he was not quite as eclectic as Luna was. 

He had chosen a sleek navy tuxedo with a dirigible plum and lavender sprig instead of a classic boutonniere, honoring Luna's love for the strangle plant. His tie featured a small good luck charm on the inside that Luna had made for him on their special day. 

Rather than being incredibly stressed like most were on their wedding day, Blaise was cool as a cucumber and ready to have a wife, he just couldn't hold in his excitement for seeing her walk down the aisle. 

He hadn't stopped talking about Luna since he finished getting ready, it had almost started to annoy Draco - who was his best man - but then Draco remembered this is what he would most likely be on his wedding day, so he held his tongue. 

"What do you think her dress will be like, mate? It's Luna so we all know it won't be at all simple." Blaise asks Draco, taking a seat on the nearest couch

"How should I know loverboy? I barely know the girl. You're the one marrying her. We'll see her in a few minutes. But I'll be sure to have someone get a photo of you when you see her. I'm betting Hermione  twenty galleons you won't cry so I'm gonna need you to stay strong for me, mate." Draco laughs, taking a drink of firewhiskey that had been placed in the room to ease the nerves of everyone involved. 

"Should we go ahead and make out way the the altar?" Blaise asks Draco

"Yeah I'd say we can go ahead and head that way. Are you ready to get married Blaise?" Draco asks, patting his best friend on the shoulder, heading out of the room after letting the girls in the other room know they were heading to the ceremony, so they could avoid seeing each other. 

If Blaise and Luna had it their way, they wouldn't have been separate the entire day, but Ginny had insisted they not lay eyes on one another until it was time for them to become man and wife. 

\\~//

The seats were beginning to fill up at the Black Lake were Luna and Blaise would be getting married, people had been taking in the wild decorations that showcased both the bride and groom, each guest had been given a handful of sunflower petals to throw when the couple had been joined as man and wife and were retreating back down the aisle together.