58 - Pre-wedding Jitters

The utter chaos that ensues a week before a wedding is unmatched. It doesn't help that so many people at Hogwarts were all getting married back to back to back. So the castle was in a constant state of chaos. 

The level of chaos had recently increased as in less than a week Draco Malfoy and Hermione Granger were to be wed. It was the most talked-about wedding of the season, especially for those that didn't know the couple. Those that knew them particularly well knew they were happy and ready to be married, those who didn't still believed they hated each other and were just trying to be good role models for the younger generations. 

The wedding was in three days and the castle was buzzing with talk of what it would be like. 

Would Narcissa and Lucius be there? What about Hermione's parents? Would they be friendly or would the wedding end in disaster? 

Everyone was so excited to see what would happen. 

Those who weren't invited to the wedding would just have their speculations until the news sources published on them

"Does the castle seem a bit...tense?" Hermione asked Draco as they were walking to the Great Hall for dinner

The couple held hands as they walked from their room to the Great Hall alone. They had been trying to spend as much time alone together before the Wedding and before they were married.  

Today would probably be their last bit of peace before they were married. 

"I usually just try to ignore the overall feel and keep to myself, does it feel tense?" Draco asks

"A bit. I'm sure it's nothing though." She smiles, still on edge. 

Walking into the Great Hall, all eyes turn to them immediately, everyone wanting to see how the couple is feelings just days before their wedding. 

Ignoring the attention they've gathered, Draco and Hermione take a seat next to Harry and Ginny. 

"How are you this evening, Ginny?" Draco asks out of the blue

"I'm...fine? Why do you ask?" She says confused at the random question and his willingness to start a conversation

"Just trying to make conversation. How's the baby?" He asks, beginning to fill his plate

Mouth gaping, confused, Ginny gives a confused reply, "Doing well I assume...still getting sick every day but, I mean I'm not even showing so...I don't really know?" 

Hermione is looking at Draco just as confused as the rest of the table, having no idea where the sudden interest in Ginny and her baby came from.

Perhaps it was wedding jitters?

Deciding to interrupt, Harry chimes in asking how the couple is feeling with their wedding being in just a few days. 

They both give an exciting answer, not even hinting at the nervousness that was consuming both of them. 

They weren't exactly nervous to get married and begin their married life, it was more that they were terrified of how their parents would interact with each other at the wedding and reception.

Draco was worried about Narcissa's behavior, while Hermione was worried about the interactions Monica and Narcissa would have together. No doubt Monica would rip Narcissa to shreds with one snide comment from the witch that would soon be her Mother-in-law. 

Supper passed smoothly despite the constant stares from everyone surrounding them. Ginny did not even have to leave early with her morning sickness. 

At this point in her pregnancy, her sickness had started to slow and the strange cravings had started.