31 - Nightmare

As classes began, everyone started getting busy studying for their NEWTS, which they would be tested on in the coming months.
Seventh and eighth years also began planning their weddings, they were all coming up extremely fast and some students weren't prepared for their impending marriages...although many had begun to quite fancy their partners, some were still having a hard time with their pairings...at least that's what Hermione figured. But as she looked around the halls, all she saw were happy couples.

The sorting hat was bloody right.
But she knew that already.

Draco and Hermione were walking down the hall to their couple's class - which was actually called, "Advanced Marital Workshop for the Betterment of the Wizarding World" - quite dramatic.

"So...what will we be doing in couples counseling today?" Draco asks Hermione in a mocking tone...he hated this class...if you could even call it that.

"Absolutely no idea. I don't see why we need this 'class'. We will have to figure out a marriage the same as every other couple. I could be taking another class of more use to me." She sighs, hugging her books closer to her chest

"It's absolute rubbish. Can you imagine Snape teaching this class? That would make my entire life." He laughs, thinking of Snape discussing the top five things for a healthy marriage

Continuing to walk to their class, they discuss the past classes they've had and question what they could possibly be doing for the rest of the term since they had pretty much covered everything...maybe they would stop meeting? That would be absolutely wonderful. Maybe Hermione could pick up an extra class, she was sure she could catch up on something if needed.

Walking into their class and to their shared desk, they set their things down and pull out a pat of parchment, quill, and ink for their notes. The other students file in with their respective partners, who are soon followed by Professor McGonagall.

"As you know, we have covered most of the...material we needed to cover for this class, so for the rest of term, I would like all of you to keep weekly journals and turn them in to me each Friday. The rest of the times we usually met for the class will be time for you to study for your N.E.W.T.S. Please take this time to study seriously as these exams reflect what careers you are able to enter." McGonagall says, passing out journals to each student with her wand.

Hermione grabbed her new journal and shuffled through the pages, noticing each is blank and waiting to be filled with her thoughts on her relationship with Draco and how they were progressing...she knew this was a class assignment, which was the only reason she would be okay with someone reading all of her precious moments and thoughts of her fiancé.

Begrudgingly, she wrote her name in the top corner of her journal before placing it to the side and in her bag - which had an extendable charm placed on it.

"Now that you all know of the rest of the assignments for this class, I will let you go so you can get to studying. Please use this time to your advantage. I'm giving it to you in grace. You are dismissed." She says, causing all of the students to file out of the classroom quickly, discussing their new freedom now that they didn't have to attend their marriage class as often.

"So we just pour out our thoughts into a journal and McGonagall just reads them? Seems like a bit of rubbish to me. What's the point?" Draco asks exasperated

"She means well. She just wants to know that each relationship is progressing along steadily and without problems. And if there is a problem, perhaps she will be able to help and fix it. Although, I really don't think there will be." She smiles, skipping through the hallways toward their shared room