8 - Room

Returning to the common room, Hermione went straight to her and Draco's room, avoiding the stares of the three sets of eyes in the common room. Blaise, Harry, and Ginny all stared at her until she closed the door to her room.

"Draco told me that they're going on a date tomorrow." Blaise tells the pair thinking he has new information

"Yeah. Hermione told us earlier in the Great Hall." Harry says looking at Hermione and Draco's room and then back to Blaise

"You know it's not nice to talk about your friends. And yes, we are going on a date...I guess." Hermione laughs walking out of their room and sitting down next to the fireplace.

"I mean, we have to get married anyway, might as well get to know him and get to like him...right?" Hermione smiles

"That's how I am with Luna, she's actually really great though. I think I really am beginning to like her. Don't tell her I said that." He sighs

"So, How are Ron and Pansy?" Hermione asks

"They're good, Pansy is super bossy though, I think he's a bit annoyed." Ginny laughs leaning into Harry.

"We just haven't really spoken since...you know. I'm really worried that this may have messed our friendship up." Hermione sighs in sadness

"I think you're both just trying to figure things out right now and...well, maybe you both just need to take a step back from each other to get comfortable with your new lives. Whether you like it or not." Harry says

"Harry...when did you become Dumbledore? But thank you, I'm gonna head to mine and Draco's room. Goodnight." Hermione smiles at the three before heading to her room to wait for Draco to get back.

\\~//

Suddenly strong arms wrap around Hermione and lift her. Realizing she must have fallen asleep and cuddles closer to the person, thinking about how tired she was and how warm and strong those arms were around her.

Too soon, the arms release her onto the soft bed but she reaches out "Draco, come back." She mumbles, missing his strong arms and warm skin. She hears a soft laugh and Draco is sitting next to her on the bed.

Without fully realizing what she was doing, Hermione wraps her arms around Draco's torso and pulls him into her. She didn't really know what she was doing, but she knew it just felt right.

"Draco. I like you." She mumbles and then lets out a soft snore, falling back into a deep slumber.

Draco sat there, shocked by what Hermione had just let slip, did she really mean what she had said or was she just mumbling random things in her tired state? He made a mental note to ask her about it in the morning. But was it really so hard to believe that she could? He had even become pretty fond of her, to tell the truth...Draco had always kind of admired Hermione, ever since they were first years. She was so proud, so beautiful and so intelligent, she had pushed past all of the insults, including the ones he had thrown her way. She had a kind heart, and wasn't afraid to get her hands dirty, as he had seen during the second wizarding war. She also wasn't afraid to punch him.

Hermione was much stronger than he. She did not fall into the traps of anger or jealousy as he had. She did not fall into the pressures of life like he had when his parents made him come forward to join Voldemort. She didn't go against her own morals like he had to meet his parent's expectations. She was too good for him, and that's what made him realize that he had fallen for her years ago, Draco was kind of thankful that the law had come to pass, otherwise, he may have never gotten a chance with the Gryffindor Princess.

With thoughts of Hermione dancing through his head, Draco dozed off still in her grasp, dreaming about their date tomorrow.

\\~//

Eyes fluttering open, sun shining on her face, Hermione slowly woke up and realized she didn't remember falling asleep in bed, but rather on the couch. Realizing this, Hermione finally realizes that there is an arm draped over her waist, slowly she peers over to see Draco's sleeping face cuddled into her back. Shocked, she gasps but does not wake him.

Deciding to speak up and wake Draco up so she could move, Hermione clears her throat and says, "Draco...Draco, wake up. Draco!" She poked his side finally startling his beauty sleep

"What? What? What's wrong?" He asks startled

"Um, your arm is holding me hostage, and why are you in my bed?" She asks him as he moves his arm

"You fell asleep on the couch last night and I moved you in here. But you wanted me to...for lack of a better word sleep here...also." He trails off

"I did? Again? Well then, I'm gonna change in the bathroom." She tells him, getting out of the bed

"Alright, I'm going to head down to the great hall and eat. Meet me back in our room at noon and we'll head out for our date." Draco smiles and then gets out of bed and to his wardrobe to grab a jumper and then heads down to the Great Hall

Slowly, Hermione makes her way to her wardrobe to grab clothes to change into after her shower. Making her way to her shower, Hermione couldn't help but think about Draco, how he was cuddling her and leaning close into her back...it felt nice she had to admit, being cuddled. She didn't mind that it was him, if fact, she was kind of glad that it was him. He really was growing on her, a little too much and too quickly for her liking.

With these thoughts ravaging her head, Hermione got in the shower, humming a muggle song she had heard when she was young, thinking of when times were simpler.

\\~//

"So, Draco, where are you and Hermione going on your date?" Blaise asked, putting down his cup

"Well, I was thinking of heading over to Hogsmeade, maybe having lunch at the Three Broomsticks and then heading over to Honeydukes to get some sweets and then just taking a walk. I thought it sounded like what people would normally do on a date." Draco finishes, grabbing a nearby muffin

"Well look at that, Draco Malfoy's gone soft. I've been thinking of taking Luna on a date, let me know how yours goes." Blaise says in all seriousness

Am I really going soft? Taking a girl on a date and going to buy sweets? Falling for her? Perhaps Blaise is right.

\\~//

It's Friday. This chapter sucked. I failed a Psych exam. Life is great

Xx Shelby