34 - Talking

Please vote!!! It really helps me out! K thx
\\~//

After crying her eyes out for nearly an hour, Hermione is fresh out of tears and Ophelia is totally annoyed with her constant cuddles and decides that she should go talk to Ginny or Pansy about what had happened...whichever one she found first.

Cleaning herself up a bit and making sure you can't tell she had been crying, she slowly walks out of her and Draco's room and to Ginny and Harry's room, slowly knocking on the door, hoping Ginny is in.

A minute passes, and no one comes to the door, she must still be in class...she forgot Ginny had more classes than the rest of them on Thursdays.

Huffing, she heads down to Pansy and Ron's room, praying to everything that she is in there or she would have to annoy poor Ophelia with her blabbering again. Ophelia was fed up with her for today, so she really hoped Pansy was in.

Knocking on the door, she waits for a minute, and thankfully, the door is pulled open, and she's face to face with Pansy.

"What's wrong? What happened?" She asks immediately

Those two questions alone set her off, and tears that she thought she didn't have left are rolling down her face again, and she's blubbering in Pansy's awkward embrace

"Um. Hermione...I know we're friends now, but I'm not a big fan of hugs, so why don't you just come in and tell me what happened?" She says awkwardly, causing Hermione to release Pansy from their hug and walk into the room, filling Pansy as she takes a seat on her bed

"Tell me what he did. How bad do I need to hurt him?" She asks, catching her knuckles jokingly

So Hermione launches into the story of what happened, first with what happened in class and how he brushed everything she said off, then when they came back to their room and everything that was said there, including a very detailed description of what Draco had told Hermione before leaving the room to 'blow off some steam.'

By the time Hermione is finished giving Pansy a recap of their massive fight - if you could even call it that - Pansy is ready to jump up, storm out of their room, find Draco, and curse him into the next millennium.

"Why in the world would he all of the sudden flip a switch and say all those horrid things?" Pansy asks, annoyed at Draco and the fact that Hermione wouldn't let her curse him...which she was more annoyed at, she didn't know.

"I don't know. I really have no bloody clue, and it's gonna kill me to not understand." She sighs, her voice cracking at the end

"Did something happen yesterday between the two of you? Anything that could cause a lead-up to this? Any arguments at all? Maybe he got a letter from his mother, and it wasn't very pleasant?" She suggests

"You know, a letter from his mother would make a ton of sense...maybe she said something to him which caused all of this. Oh, I'm sure that's what it was. Narcissa is just so utterly against me...though Draco never said anything about a letter from his mother. And I never saw Hermès give him anything...But it is the only thing that makes sense."

"So are we gonna confront him about it? Do you think he really went to Alexandra? He wouldn't really...would he? Even if his mother said something to him? I don't think Draco would do that...maybe to some random girl he was hooking up with a few years ago. But you two are engaged?"

"I would rather not think about Draco and Alexandra together. It makes my stomach ill. I'm definitely going to confront him about it again. It's the only way to solve our little problem. Like McGonagall said...communication is key to a healthy relationship. I really don't want to have another...fight like we had earlier. That one hurt."

Sitting on Pansy's bed, they discuss their best options and what Hermione would say when she did confront him about the letter he most likely received from his mother.
There was also the possibility that Draco had not received a letter about their relationship from his mother, but she highly doubted it. There was nothing else that made sense to her.

"Oh, Merlin. I'm going to have to write about this in McGonogall's silly journal. What in the world is she gonna say to that...would it be bad if I made something up? Draco and I are so utterly happy together; all of our friends are just disgusted by our happiness. What do you think? Would she believe it?" Hermione asks hopefully

"I can tell you've never lied or cheated on homework before."

\\~//
After leaving their room, Draco walks down the hallways, hoping he runs into Alex. She did say she would be there whenever he needed...and right now, he could use some...fun.

After walking around for almost thirty minutes, he finally sees her walking out of the charms classroom.

"Hey. Alex. Can I steal you for a second?" He asks as he reaches her

"Of course! What's up?" She asks, walking with him

"I was wondering if you were up for a bit of...fun." He smirks, silently leading her to the Room of Requirement

"I'm always up for a bit of fun." She smirks, knowing exactly what he meant

"This is unexpected...why all of the sudden?"

"Granger has really been getting on my nerves. She's been quite uptight recently, and I want to have some fun for once." He tells her as they walk across the Room of Requirement three times

Thankfully, the room had been rebuilt after the fire, just like everything else...so it was free game to use if they wanted to.

And they planned on using it.

\\~//
Hi wow um what DID I DOOOO!
You guys I'm dead over this chapter.
Please don't hate meeeeee
I know this is a bit shorter but I have a midterm tomorrow and I am exhausted soooo

Guys I'm so tired send help

Happy coronavirus...I fell asleep so that's why this is being posted so late

I'll try to get a chapter out Wednesday! I should be able to!

Lots of love huns,
Shelby xx

2023 shelby here!

I hate this splot line so much <3 it makes me so angry. I feel like a reader and not the writer.