56 - Wedding

Soon, the day of April 24th came all too soon, and suddenly Pansy was sitting at her desk, getting ready for her wedding, which would take place in a little less than three hours. Accompanying her to help her get ready were all the girls she shared a common room with, leaving the boys to help her fiancé get ready - not that he needed to prepare much, the bride had a much harder time getting prepared, having to do makeup, hair and get in the wedding dress. Not to mention that her wedding dress was tight and showed everything - so Pansy wouldn't be able to eat before the reception even if she wanted to. She had been clever enough to plan to have a ceremony dress and a different reception dress so she would be able to eat whatever she wanted, dance, and be comfortable. Of course, she did love her ceremonial dress; she just couldn't bear to sit in it for hours at her wedding and not feel like she could sit and eat comfortably. No doubt her groom would be feeding himself silly, why shouldn't she be able to?

Pansy had planned nearly her entire wedding with the help of her mother-in-law, and of course, they had a few snags along the way, they both found a fantastic compromise for the ceremony and reception that would celebrate both her heritage and Slytherin tendencies while still respecting and celebrating Ron's heritage and Gryffindor tendencies. Not to mention that Molly would be cooking all of the food for the reception, so it would be a wonderful feast with homemade cooking rather than having the food catered. They had planned to have an open bar as well, seeing as many of Pansy's friends and family would be attending, and the only way the Bride and Groom's families would get along would be through alcohol.

Soon it was time for Pansy to step into her wedding gown to prepare for her stroll down the aisle to meet her groom. Molly and Ginny were currently helping her to step into her tight-fitting wedding gown.

"I know I said I loved this dress, but I can barely breathe." She said uncomfortably

"Here, let me see if I can charm it bigger," Molly says after doing the back up and trying to figure out the best way to give Pansy some relief.

Sighing, Pansy's dress stretched just enough that she would be able to bear the uncomfortableness until she was able to change into her reception dress that was more of a loose-fitting - but still beautiful - gown.

"You only have to last two more hours in this one! Just think, you're almost married and my sister. It's so strange to think." Ginny says

"You're already married...how has married life been?" Pansy asks

"I'm not spoiling it for you.

"You look lovely," Ginny says, stepping back to take a look at the full effect of the dress, hair, and makeup.

Stepping over to the full-length mirror, Pansy was able to look at herself in all of her wedding garbs and fully take in what she would look like when walking down the aisle toward Ron.

She truly had never looked more beautiful than she did at that moment. She knew it, Ginny knew it, Molly knew it, and everyone else that would be attending her wedding would also know it.

"Alright, we've got about thirty minutes before the ceremony. Do you need anything? I know you're already in your dress but do you need something to eat? You haven't eaten all day." Ginny asks, concerned.

"No, I'll be fine until the reception, don't worry. I think if I ate something now I would puke halfway down the aisle. I'm going to start going over my vows and try to calm my nerves. Do you mind if I have a few minutes to myself?" Pansy asks her future family

They immediately leave the room to give Pansy the space and quiet she needed to soothe her nerves and think through what would happen in less than an hour.