54 - Kid

No matter how scared Hermione was of having kids in the near future, Draco could beat every piece of fear in her body with the amount he held in his.

He had sent Narcissa that letter only on Hermione's request, if it was up to him, they wouldn't have kids. Of course, Hermione didn't know this.

Draco was sitting at his desk, staring at the same page in his textbook, furiously thinking, trying to figure out what to do with everything happening in his life.

Hermione felt much better after having a visit with Madam Pomfrey who reassured her, giving her the same information as Draco.

She wasn't as scared anymore. Thank Merlin for magic.

Walking back into their room after a busy night, Hermione notices Draco's far-away stare and interrupts his train of thought, "What's got you so far away? Are you okay? I talked to Madam Pomfrey and everything is fine. I won't have a problem when we have a child. I even had her perform a fert-" Draco cuts her off before she can even finish her sentence

"Hermione. If it wasn't for this stupid law I wouldn't be having kids. I never wanted them and honestly, I still don't. I know you want several but I don't know if I can do more than one. I'm sorry but I just can't keep pretending like this is all perfect and all I've ever wanted...because I don't want it." He says angrily before storming out of their room and into a corner of their common room.

Hermione was left in their room, tearing slowly falling as the realization of what he had just said began to hit her...and it hit her hard.

Usually, Hermione was strong-minded and it took a lot to make her cry, especially after everything she had been through. But this, this was her entire future, and all she wanted for her future family was a few kids and a totally loving family...and it didn't seem like she would be getting that anymore.

\\~//

Minutes later, Draco was stewing, alone in the common room.

He was hopeful that no one would interrupt his thoughts, but unfortunately, his wish was not granted. Harry walks into the common room, leaving his and Ginny's room.

As he was leaving his room, he passed Hermione and Draco's room, hearing Hermione crying. Instead of going in to check on her, Harry goes searching for Draco, knowing he was the cause of this.

Harry found Draco almost immediately, "What's wrong with you, Malfoy? And why is Hermione crying?"

"Nothing. It's none of your business. Go bother someone else, I don't know, perhaps your pregnant wife." He mutters, not bothering to look at Harry

"Mate, I can literally hear Hermione crying, so I need to know what you did to her." Harry says with more force, taking a seat across from Draco

Annoyed, Draco looks at him and asks, "If I tell you will you leave me alone?"

"Fine, but I have a feeling you're going to yell, so why don't we take this somewhere Hermione won't be able to hear?" Harry offers, standing up and motioning Draco to follow him to his room

Once they reach Harry's room, Draco takes a seat at one of the desks, staying silent, not wanting to tell Hermione's best friend what he said.

Sighing, Harry leans on the edge of his bed and urges Draco to start talking so they can fix this mess he made.

Unwillingly, Draco leans into a short explanation of what he said and what had lead to it.

"Why the hell would you say that to her? Yeah, Hermione is mostly consumed with her studies but we've talked about our futures before. You're an idiot, Hermione doesn't just want to focus on her career. She wants a family. She's always hated being an only child, and from the way you turned out, I can assume you hated it too. So please, explain to me why you said those things to her." Harry says exasperated