49 - Astronomy

In the next few weeks, both Hermione and Draco had a lot to focus on and they hadn't been able to spend that much time together. It had really begun to bother Hermione that she felt like Draco was trying harder at their relationship than she was.

Draco had been so sweet the last few weeks and was being so utterly kind to Hermione that she decided it was time for her to do something for him.
Thinking about their sixth year at Hogwarts, Hermione remembered that the leading of a lot of Draco pain was because he had been forced to help the Death Eaters into Hogwarts and had been tasked to kill his headmaster - Albus Dumbledore - only he wasn't able to go through with it.
Hermione knew that Draco hasn't been able to step foot back onto the Astronomy tower since that night, not that he needed to...
So here comes Hermione's brilliant plan: make it a place filled with happy, loving memories instead of horrible, devious memories.
With the help of Ginny, they were busy transforming the astronomy tower into memories Hermione had of the two.
She had started from one corner with their sorting and their first night together all the way through their many trials and tribulations - yes, including Alexandria - and also the happy memories - Christmas, Draco giving Hermione a pet cat, the proposal - it was a story of their love, albeit short, it was all theirs.

Their N.E.W.T.S weren't for a few days and all Hermione has been doing was studying - Draco had been studying too, just not nearly as much as Hermione.

Because of her constants studying, Hermione hadn't given Draco much attention, yet he'd been giving her all he could...which she knew and was trying to fix.
She had been quite complacent recently, sometimes she forgot she had a cat...most of the time she let her wander around the castle. It was just...she was so focused on finishing her education and that was the most important thing to her right now - other than her fiancé.

On the other hand, Draco was coasting, other than worrying about his wedding and his exams...he was fine.
He knew Hermione didn't want to be so distanced, she just had a lot going on. She had just finished planning their wedding and he knew how important her studies were to her. He wasn't at all worried about their relationship, as far as he was concerned, they were rock solid. The only thing he really and truly had on his mind, was that he would be a father soon...and that terrified him a wee bit.
No, they hadn't had sex yet, but it was bound to happen, and they were bound to have a child in a few short years...

Thinking about being a father terrified him...Merlin, he was only nineteen! It was utter madness that they were about to have a child.
No matter how utterly terrified Draco was, there was still that small twinge of excitement in the back of his head.

A real family.

\\~//

Soon, the astronomy tower had been transformed for their private date, and had a clever charm placed over it so other students would be unable to enter.

Ginny and Hermione had placed candles all around the room and had placed a small area in the middle of the room where the couple could have dinner, talk and just soak in each other's presence. Hermione had gained access to the kitchen and had made Draco a special dinner - she had to force the elves to let her cook for herself, Hermione could cook very well...if she was left alone - which consisted of bangers and mash, parsnips, carrots and potatoes. For dessert, she prepared an apple crumble, knowing Draco loved anything that consisted of apples. She was also able to sneak some white wine with her.
Everything had been set up and it looked perfect. Soon, after making a few last minute touches, she kicked Ginny out and sent Hermès to deliver a letter to Draco.

A minute later, Hermès dropped off the letter, which read:

Draco,
Meet me in the Astronomy Tower, it's urgent...also please fix your hair...it's too uptight.
See you soon
Yours,
H x